Peter Kehne studied Ancient History, Astronomy, Chemistry, Greek, Middle and New History, Latin, Education, Philosophy and Physics at the Universities of Kiel , Hanover and Göttingen . From 1988 to 1990 he worked as a research assistant and received his doctorate with the dissertation Forms of Roman Foreign Policy in the Imperial Era. Foreign practice in the northern border area as an effect on the apron.
From 1990 to 1992 he worked for the state government of Lower Saxony. He was then transferred to the University of Hanover in 1992 and permanently seconded to the Institute for Development Planning and Structural Research (IES) as a research assistant. From 1992 to 1994 Kehne was the managing director of the research commission of Lower Saxony in the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture.
Since 1993, Kehne has been a lecturer in Ancient History at the History Department of the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz University in Hanover . In the winter semester of 1998/1999 he also had a teaching position at the University of Bremen .
- Forms of Roman foreign policy in the imperial era: Foreign practice in the northern border area as an effect on the apron. Dissertation, University of Hanover, 1989.
- Study bibliography on Greek history in the classical period (500–404 BC). With particular reference to the relations between Athens and Aegina. Witte, Hannover 1998, ISBN 3-932152-30-1 .
- Jan Bierweiler, Martin Scholz: Classical multimedia production with the authoring systems Authorware and Director from Macromedia (= Computer and Antiquity. Vol. 7). Edited and with a foreword by Peter Kehne and Christoph Schäfer . Scripta-Mercaturae, St. Katharinen 2004, ISBN 3-89590-149-0 .
- Literature by and about Peter Kehne in the catalog of the German National Library
- Kehnes publications in the OPAC of the Regesta imperii
- Page from Kehne at the University of Hanover with publications
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||5th December 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kiel|