Rauris Literature Days
The Rauriser Literature Days have been an annual literary event in the Pinzgau community of Rauris since 1971 .
The founding initiative goes back to the author Erwin Gimmelsberger , who proclaimed in 1970 that he wanted to open up new spaces for literature. With the support of Hans Weigel , the University of Salzburg , the ORF and the State of Salzburg, the first successful Rauris Literature Days took place from February 14 to 21, 1971. Erwin Gimmelsberger directed the event until 1988, from 1988 to 1989 Franz Mayrhofer was the director, He was succeeded in 1990 by Brita Steinwendtner , who directed the festival until 2012. In 2013 Manfred Mittermayer and Ines Schütz took over the directorship of the Rauris Literature Days.
The Rauris Literature Days always take place at the end of March / beginning of April and last from Wednesday to Sunday. The Rauris Literature Prize is usually awarded on the first evening . The second day partly belongs to the winner of the Rauris Promotion Prize, but on the other hand the author readings and discussions also begin.
The Rauris Literature Prize has been honoring the best prose first publication in the German-speaking area since 1974; the promotion prize is awarded for texts submitted by young authors on a given topic. The winners are determined in December by a three-person jury (one member each from Germany, Austria and Switzerland).
The fault readings are a specialty. Just as artisans went “sturgeon” according to medieval custom, poets visit families from the area. Against Pinzgau food, they read from their work in Rauris parlors, talk in private about their work and thus get into conversation with the people of Rauris and with friends they have personally invited. These readings are not open to the public.
A selection of topics:
- 3rd to 7th April 2013: "Ways of Life"
- March 21-25, 2012: "The Invention of Truth"
- March 30 to April 3, 2011: "... and I do not wish to be to blame for it"
- 2010: 40th anniversary
- March 25-29, 2009: "Language: Lust.Spiel.Wut"
- March 26th to 30th, 2008: "Between the words, between the worlds"
- March 21 to 25, 2007: "Survive"
- March 29th to April 2nd, 2006: "Don Juan"
- March 30th to April 3rd, 2005: "Words and Places"
- March 17-21, 2004: "Love and Live"
- April 2 to 6, 2003: "Attempted closeness"
- April 3 to 7, 2002: crime fiction
- March 28 to April 1, 2001:
- March 15-19, 2000:
- April 2 to 6, 1997: "Literature & Music"
- Brita Steinwendtner, Hildemar Holl: 30 years of Rauris Literature Days , Verlag Kulturverein "Forum Rauris", Rauris 2000
- Sigurd Paul Scheichl : “Who writes a good mountain novel today?” The Rauris Literature Days. In: Friedbert Aspetsberger, Hubert Lengauer (eds.): Time without manifestos? On the literature of the 1970s in Austria. Vienna: Bundesverlag 1987. pp. 103–121.
- ^ Rauris Literature Days . In: Arbeiter-Zeitung , February 13, 1971, p. 10, bottom right.