|Previous title:||Law on Measures in the Field of the Judiciary and Procedural Law|
|Scope:||Federal Republic of Germany|
Judicial constitution ,
administration of justice
|Original version from:||February 8, 1957
( BGBl. I p. 18 , ber.p. 44 )
|Entry into force on:||July 1, 1957|
|New announcement from:||April 14, 2013
( BGBl. I p. 778 , ber. 2014 I p. 46 )
|Last revision from:||November 5, 1969
( BGBl. I p. 2065 )
|Entry into force of the
new version on:
|July 1, 1970|
|Last change by:||
Art. 3 G of March 19, 2020
( Federal Law Gazette I p. 541 )
|Effective date of the
|March 31, 2020
(Art. 6 G of March 19, 2020)
|Weblink:||Text of the law|
|Please note the note on the applicable legal version.|
The Rechtspflegergesetz (RPflG) regulates the duties and position of the Rechtspfleger in Germany . In addition, the procedures before the Rechtspfleger are specified. The Rechtspflegergesetz, which came into force in 1969, replaced the Rechtspflegergesetz from 1957 ( Federal Law Gazette I p. 18 , ber. P. 44 ) with effect from July 1, 1970.
The Rechtspflegergesetz supplements both procedural provisions (in particular the Code of Civil Procedure and the FamFG ) and other legal norms (including the Courts Constitution Act and the DRiG ).
The legislative competence of the federal government with regard to the Rechtspflegergesetz can be constitutionally based on Article 74, Paragraph 1, No. 1 of the Basic Law . Incidentally, the Rechtspflegergesetz is a framework law that gives the Länder the opportunity to provide for further tasks for the Rechtspfleger ( Section 37 RPflG). Regarding the training to become a judicial officer (diploma course at a college for legal administration or at a college for public administration), state regulations have been issued.
The Rechtspflegergesetz basically gives the legal remedy against decisions of the Rechtspfleger that would also be permissible against decisions of the judge ( § 11 RPflG).
The Rechtspflegergesetz itself is divided into six sections. These are:
- Duties and position of the Rechtspfleger (§§ 1 to 13)
- Business reserved for the judge in the field of voluntary jurisdiction as well as in insolvency proceedings and distribution proceedings under shipping law (Sections 14 to 19b)
- Business transferred to the Rechtspfleger in civil legal disputes , in assessment proceedings, proceedings in court decisions in criminal and administrative fine proceedings , proceedings before the patent court , in the field of the inclusion of declarations and advisory assistance (Sections 20 to 24a)
- Other provisions in the field of judicial constitution (Section 25 has been deleted, Sections 26 to 28)
- Business transferred to the Rechtspfleger in other areas (Sections 29 to 32)
- Final provisions (Sections 33 to 40)
- Egon Arnold among others: Rechtspflegergesetz . 7th edition, Verlag Gieseking, Bielefeld 2009, ISBN 978-3-7694-1052-5 .
- Peter Bassenge and others: FamFG / RPflG: Law on the procedure in family matters and in matters of voluntary jurisdiction. Rechtspflegergesetz. Commentary (= Heidelberg Comments ). 12th edition, Verlag CF Müller, Heidelberg 2009, ISBN 978-3-8114-3607-7 .