Kammer studied Japanese studies at the universities of Hamburg , Munich and Bochum. Kammer received his doctorate in 1968. He taught the history and intellectual history of Japan at the East Asia Institute of the Ruhr University Bochum .
His translation of the book Tengu geijutsu ron by Shissai Chozan from the early 18th century is his best known publication and has appeared in several languages.
- Mimei Ogawa , Reinhard Kammer, Ekkehard May, Telse Todsen: Die wilde Rose , Hamburg, 1962
- Mimei Ogawa, Reinhard Kammer: Moonlight and the glasses , 1963
- Reinhard Kammer: Shissai Chozan and his theory of sword art - a contribution to the intellectual history of the Tokugawa period ; Promotion; December 13, 1968
- Chozan Niwa, Reinhard Kammer: Die Kunst der Bergdämonen , OW Barth , 1969
- Reinhard Kammer: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 9, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1972, ISBN 3-428-00190-7 , p. 426 f. ( ). In:
- Reinhard Kammer: Zen & Confucius in the Art of Swordsman , Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd. 1978
- Reinhard Kammer: ZEN in the art of wielding the sword OW Barth-Verlag Bern Munich Vienna 1988, ISBN 3-502-64352-0
- Literature by and about Reinhard Kammer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Reinhard Kammer at Open Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Japanologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1941|