RiffReporter is a journalistic cooperative from Germany. Your goal is to empower freelance journalists. For this purpose, RiffReporter has created an online magazine on which journalistic members can publish projects, articles and contributions and sell them directly to readers. The cooperative is based in Berlin .
RiffReporter came about as an idea of the freelance journalists Tanja Krämer and Christian Schwägerl . The founding team also included the journalists Uwe H. Martin and Max Steinbeis as well as the designer and programmer Sebastian Brink. The RiffReporter platform went online with an alpha version in November 2016. The concept and website were presented for the first time at the knowledge conference in Bremen. In January 2017 the RiffReporter-Genossenschaft was founded in Berlin, which was registered in October 2017 at the Charlottenburg District Court as “RiffReporter - the Cooperative for Free Journalism eG”. The beta version of the online magazine went online in February 2018. The directors of the cooperative are Tanja Krämer and Christian Schwägerl. A supervisory board monitors the work of the management board. In June 2018 the cooperative had around 70 journalistic members.
The concept of RiffReporter is that freelance journalists, alone or in teams, set up independent projects that they can offer to readers with various payment models on the RiffReporter website. The articles and contributions can e.g. B. be paid via micropayment, subscription or voluntary funding. Examples of such project start-ups are "Die Flugbegleiter", "KlimaSocial" and "Zukunftsreporter". The RiffReporter authors commit themselves to a journalistic code, violations of this can be reported to an ethics council and sanctioned by it. The cooperative provides various services for its journalistic members, such as the provision of a content management system for independent publishing, the processing of payment transactions and the distribution of income as well as further training in marketing and project development.
The RiffReporter-Genossenschaft is financed through a share in the income of the journalistic members. The cooperative finances the development of the journalistic infrastructure by accepting members. In addition to journalistic members, investing members can also be accepted. These have no voting rights.
The cooperative and its members have been awarded several prizes: the Netzwende Award 2017 from VOCER in cooperation with the August Schwingenstein Foundation, the Rudolf Augstein Foundation and the ZEIT Foundation Ebelin and Gerd Bucerius, the " Science Journalists of the Year 2017 " award "of Medium Magazin as well as the Grimme Online Award 2018 in the category" Knowledge and Education ". Two contributions by RiffReporter author Andreas von Bubnoff were also nominated for the Georg von Holtzbrinck Prize for Science Journalism in 2017 .
- RiffReporter: RiffReporter . In: RiffReporter . ( riffreporter.de [accessed June 27, 2018]).
- RiffReporter: Who are the RiffReporter? In: RiffReporter . ( riffreporter.de [accessed June 27, 2018]).
- A chance for free: the reef! In: meta | The magazine about journalism and science . ( meta-magazin.org [accessed June 27, 2018]).
- RiffReporter starts beta phase with payment system for cooperative journalism - WAN-IFRA. Retrieved June 27, 2018 .
- RiffReporter: The authors of RiffReporter . In: RiffReporter . ( riffreporter.de [accessed June 27, 2018]).
- RiffReporter: What is RiffReporter? In: RiffReporter . ( riffreporter.de [accessed June 27, 2018]).
- RiffReporter: How do I become a RiffReporter? In: RiffReporter . ( riffreporter.de [accessed June 27, 2018]).
- ZEIT Foundation: RiffReporters are the winners of the #Netzwende Award 2017. Accessed on June 27, 2018 .
- The journalists of the year 2017 - medium magazin. Accessed June 27, 2018 (German).
- Prize Winner - Grimme Online Award. Retrieved June 27, 2018 .
- Event: Georg von Holtzbrinck Prize for Science Journalism. Retrieved June 27, 2018 .