A leading association is an umbrella organization of several regional or thematically different individual unions , who by a third party (usually a government agency at the same or lower organizational level) within which framework as the only representative for all activities and actors in a particular defined area recognized is (sole representative legitimacy) . A central association bundles and represents the interests of its affiliated organizations in political contexts. He advises and supports their work.
An indication for recognition as a leading organization, the collateral to be. Further features are the privileged access to politics and administration, a long-standing political exchange practice and an invitation practice, for example in the case of legislative proposals.
Important umbrella organizations are:
- Central associations of the independent welfare service
- Local authority umbrella association - Association of local authorities
- the German Cultural Council as the umbrella organization of the German cultural associations.
- the newly formed National Association of Health Insurance Funds , which replaces the previous central associations of statutory health insurance companies .
- the food association Germany as the central association of the food chain from agriculture to food trade and system catering.
- Association (forwarded by the head association) in the Gabler Wirtschaftslexikon (checked article).
- Municipal umbrella association in the JuraForum.