|Area of Expertise||Engineering|
|publishing company||Ernst & Sohn ( Germany )|
|Frequency of publication||per month|
Stahlbau is the leading German-language specialist journal in the field of steel construction , which was founded in 1928 at the suggestion of Gottwalt Schaper under the title "Der Stahlbau" and is published by Ernst & Sohn as a supplement to the journal " Die Bautechnik ". In 1939, the editorial team was transferred from August Hertwig to Professor Kurt Klöppel from Darmstadt . Since 1951, "Der Stahlbau" has been published as an independent magazine title. Klöppel was in charge of the magazine until 1981 and developed it into a scientific engineering magazine with an international reputation. Klöppel was followed by the Berlin steel construction professor Joachim Lindner (1981–1992) and the Aachen steel construction professor Gerhard Sedlacek (1993–1995). Since January 1, 1996, "Stahlbau" has had an in-house editorial team with Karl-Eugen Kurrer as editor-in-chief, who retired on March 1, 2018 and whose position was taken over by Bernhard Hauke on July 1, 2018.
The journal Stahlbau has been listed in the Journal Citation Report from Clarivate Analytics (formerly Thomson Reuters) since June 4, 2008 , the impact factor for 2019 is 0.780.
- ↑ a b New editor-in-chief of the magazines "Stahlbau" and "Steel Construction" from Ernst & Sohn. Verlag Ernst & Sohn, accessed on June 10, 2018 .
- ↑ Kurrer, Karl-Eugen: August Hertwigs Lebenserinnerungen (1947): Accountability report of a conservative engineer personality between Scylla and Charybdis of two world wars . In: Werner Lorenz and Torsten Meyer (eds.): Technology and responsibility in National Socialism . Waxmann, Münster 2004, ISBN 3-8309-1407-5 , pp. 109-142 .
- ^ Kurrer, Karl-Eugen: History of structural engineering . 1st edition. Ernst & Sohn, Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-433-01641-0 , p. 329-335 .
- ^ Kurrer, Karl-Eugen: On the development of the STAHLBAU magazine . In: Steel construction . 70th year, no. 4 . Ernst & Sohn, Berlin 2001, p. 222-230 .
- ^ Kurrer, Karl-Eugen: For the 75th year of STAHLBAU . In: Steel construction . 75th year, no. 4 . Ernst & Sohn, Berlin 2004, p. 249-256 .
- ^ Kurrer, Karl-Eugen: STAHLBAU '96 . In: Steel construction . 65th year, no. 1 . Ernst & Sohn, Berlin 1996, p. 1 .
- ^ Schneider, Ernst Karl: To our readers . In: Steel construction . 65th year, no. 1 . Ernst & Sohn, Berlin 1996, p. 2 .
- ↑ Kurrer, Karl-Eugen: On our own behalf: The journal "Stahlbau" is accredited by ISI . In: Steel construction. Volume 78, No. 1. Ernst & Sohn, Berlin 2009, pp. 67–68.
- ↑ Impact Factor 2019 published