Steintor Variety Show
The Steintor-Varieté in Halle (Saale) is one of the oldest variety theaters in Germany and one of the oldest theater venues in Halle (Saale). The Steintor-Varieté can refer to more than 120 years of continuous play. In the local public transport of the Halleschen Verkehrs-AG , the vaudeville is advertised as "Germany's oldest vaudeville".
The vaudeville can accommodate almost 1200 people.
The theater opened on February 1, 1889. It emerged from the riding hall of the horse dealer Lözius, which was opened in May 1868. There were performances in the riding arena between 1884 and 1886 when it served as an interim city theater. Later it took up the "Walhalla-Varieté". At that time, the repertoire featured traditional variety shows, also known as “specialty and number programs”.
After 1914, the vaudeville became an operetta theater . In the 1920s, the "Walhalla Theater" was used as a cinema and wrestling arena and only in 1925 as a variety stage again.
After the war
During the Second World War the vaudeville was closed. After 1945 revue and variety programs were shown again in the theater, renamed “Steintor-Varieté”. In addition to the Friedrichstadtpalast in Berlin, it was the only variety theater in the GDR.
Since November 1996 the Steintor-Varieté has been privately run again. The associated restorations and reconstructions have largely restored the original design from 1889. This work concerned the interior, the great hall, the parquet and the stucco cladding of the stage proscenium .
In 2013 the facade was extensively renovated, based on the likely appearance of the “Walhalla” in the 1920s.
- ↑ Steintor-Varieté: Return to the Walhalla - article in the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung, July 16, 2012.
- ↑ Where the show is at home - 125 years of Steintor Varieté
- ↑ Historical development of the Varieté from the origins to the present ( Memento of the original from January 2, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Steintor Variete celebrates its 150th anniversary , Tagesspiegel November 3, 2006
- ↑ Steintorvarieté in Halle: The Walhalla is green - article in the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung, November 7, 2013
- Homepage of the Steintor-Varieté
- the Steintor-Varieté on www.halle.de
- the Steintor-Varieté on www.theaterverzeichnis.de
Coordinates: 51 ° 29 ′ 20 " N , 11 ° 58 ′ 40" E