Terrence J. Sejnowski
Terrence Joseph Sejnowski is a neuroscientist at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and, since 2004, Francis Crick Professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies , where he heads the Computational Neurobiology Laboratory. He is also Professor of Biological Sciences and Adjunct Professor at the University of California, San Diego .
Sejnowski studied physics at Case Western Reserve University and Princeton University and was awarded a Ph.D. in 1978. PhD from Princeton University.
In 1982 he became a professor in the Department of Biophysics at Johns Hopkins University before moving to San Diego in 1988.
Sejnowski is President of the Neural Information Processing Systems Foundation, which hosts the NIPS Conference every year.
Together with Geoffrey Hinton , he invented the Boltzmann machine and pioneered the development of NETtalk learning algorithms . In 2010 he was elected a member of the National Academy of Sciences and in 2013 of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences .
- Terrence J. Sejnowski and Charles R. Rosenberg: NETtalk: A Parallel Network That Learns to Read Aloud . (Technical Report JHU / EEC-86/01.), Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore 1986.
- T. Sejnowski and C. Rosenberg: Parallel networks that learn to pronounce English text . In: Complex Systems . Volume 1, 1987, pp. 145-168.
- Patricia S. Churchland and Terrence J. Sejnowski: The Computational Brain . MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts 1992 (German: Fundamentals of Neuroinformatics and Neurobiology . Vieweg Verlagsgesellschaft, 1997, ISBN 3-528-05428-X )
- SB Laughlin and TJ Sejnowski: Communication in neuronal networks . In: Science . Volume 301, 2003, pp. 1870-1874.
- J.-M. Fellous, PHE Tiesinga, PJ Thomas and TJ Sejnowski: Discovering spike patterns in neuronal responses . In: Journal of Neuroscience . Volume 24, No. 12, 2004, pp. 2989-3001.
- DM Eagleman , JE Jacobson and TJ Sejnowski: Perceived luminance depends on temporal context . In: Nature . Volume 428, 2004, pp. 854-856.
- AR Houweling, M. Bazhenov, I. Timofeev, M. Steriade and TJ Sejnowski: Homeostatic synaptic plasticity can explain post-traumatic epileptogenesis . In: Cerebral Cortex . Volume 15, 2005, pp. 834-845.
- Thomas M Bartol Jr, Cailey Bromer, Justin Kinney, Michael A Chirillo, Jennifer N Bourne, Kristen M Harris, Terrence J Sejnowski: Nanoconnectomic upper bound on the variability of synaptic plasticity . eLife 2015; 4: e10778. doi: 10.7554 / eLife.10778 . elifesciences.org: pdf
- Makeig S, Gramann K, Jung TP, Sejnowski TJ, Poizner H .: Linking brain, mind and behavior . Int J Psychophysiol. 2009 Aug; 73 (2): 95-100. doi: 10.1016 / j.ijpsycho.2008.11.008.
|SURNAME||Sejnowski, Terrence J.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Sejnowski, Terrence Joseph (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American neuroscientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||before 1978|