Theater Casino Zug
The Theater Casino Zug (formerly Casino Zug) is an event location in Zug in Central Switzerland . The property belongs to the city of Zug, the operation of the house is incumbent on the Theater Casino Zug Foundation, the cultural program was entrusted to the Theater and Music Society Zug , which built the Theater Casino in 1909. The program is supported by patrons and sponsors from the city and canton of Zug. The city of Zug also contributes to the annual operating costs. The gastronomy has been operated by Gammacatering since September 2017. Between June 2016 and August 2017, the Theater Casino Zug was completely renovated. The historic building from 1909 has largely been returned to its original state, the stage technology in the theater hall (in the extension) has been completely renewed, and a reception has been set up.
The buildings are to the south, just outside the old town of Zug on Artherstrasse. The sloping embankment offers a view of Lake Zug from all rooms with a west-facing view . The theater-casino is a splendid, Neo - Baroque style building of the local style . The representative historical cultural center is the work of the Zug architects Keizer and Bracher and is recognized as an important building far beyond the region.
- Ballroom (formerly: Big Casino Hall)
- Small Hall (formerly: Small Casino Hall)
- Upper lake room
- Mountain room (formerly: conference room)
- Restaurant, bar & lounge
- Theater hall
Management team of the Theater Casino Zug
- Katrin Kolo, managing director and general manager
- Manda Litscher, operations manager
- Niculin Peter, Head of Gastronomy
While the various rooms book over 700 annual occupancies, around 60 public events of all types take place in the theater hall every year. The Theater Casino Zug is the only full stage within a 30 km radius (the Lucerne Theater and the Tellspielhaus Altdorf (Uri Theater) are the next larger stages) and the only larger guest theater in Central Switzerland. The Theater Casino Zug is a member of the SBV .
Theater and Music Society Zug
The Zug Theater and Music Society, which has been in existence since 1808, supported the building from 1909 and the expansion from 1977 to 1982, and is now planning the cultural program of the Theater Casino Zug. From 1978 to the end of the 2008/09 season, August P. Villiger was in charge. From January 2009 to October 31, 2019, Samuel Steinemann was the artistic director and manager of the Zug Theater and Music Society. Katrin Kolo has assumed this role since November 1, 2019. Born in Munich, she is an academically trained dancer and holds a degree in economics.
There are several works of art in and around the casino, including by Oscar Wiggli ( Syrinx (1985)), a sculpture made of Corton steel as a gift from the Canton of Zug (1985).
Henry Moore ( Knife Edge, 1961), Seebad Seeliken, gift from the Landis & Gyr Foundation in 1981 and Eugen Jans, untitled wooden ball, 2011
- Marco Badilatti: Theater Casino Zug, Zug ZG . In: Andreas Kotte (Ed.): Theater Lexikon der Schweiz . Volume 3, Chronos, Zurich 2005, ISBN 3-0340-0715-9 , pp. 1851 f.
- Canton of Zug, Office for Monument Preservation and Archeology, Building History on http://www.zugmap.ch
- Swiss Stage Association. Accessed March 31, 2010
- Zuger Zeitung, No. 271, November 23, 2019
- Art in the public space of the city of Zug. Office for Culture, 2015