Thomas G. Schattner
Thomas G. Schattner studied classical archeology, art history and Romance studies at the universities in Mainz , Bonn and Coimbra . In the winter semester 1986/87 he was with Burkhardt Wesenberg at the University of Mainz with the thesis Greek house models. PhD studies on early Greek architecture . He then came to the headquarters of the German Archaeological Institute (DAI) in Berlin as a consultant in the science department. As an employee of Klaus Tuchelt , he worked regularly on the excavation in Didyma / Turkey until 1996. This also gave rise to the topic of his habilitation in 2001 at the University of Gießen: Didyma, the found ceramics from the 8th to 4th centuries BC. Chr. Schattner is an adjunct professor for Classical Archeology at this university. In 1996 he was elected Scientific Director of the Madrid Department of the German Archaeological Institute Madrid Department based in Lisbon. After its closure in 1999, it went to the Madrid department.
Schattner's scientific work shows the wide range of his interests. He is a member of numerous scholarly associations: Full member of the German Archaeological Institute, Miembro Correspondiente de la Real Academia de la Historia (Madrid), Membro Correspondente da Academia da História (Lisboa), Miembro Correspondiente de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de Santa Isabel de Hungría (Seville), Miembro Correspondiente de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes y Ciencias Históricas (Toledo) and Miembro Correspondiente de la Academia Andaluza de la Historia (Seville).
- Munigua. Cuarenta años de investigaciones. Junta de Andalucia, Consejería de Cultura, Sevilla 2003, ISBN 84-8266-364-X (Spanish; Arqueologia monografias. Memorias , Volume 16).
- Didyma. Part 3: Results of the excavations and investigations since 1962. Volume 4: The ceramics found from the 8th to the 4th century BC Chr. Von Zabern, Mainz 2007, ISBN 978-3-8053-3827-1 (with a contribution by: Josef Riederer; also habilitation , University of Gießen 2001).
- Greek house models. Research on early Greek architecture. Mann, Berlin 1990, ISBN 3-7861-1585-0 ( communications from the German Archaeological Institute, Athenian Department , Supplement 15; also dissertation , University of Mainz 1986/87).
- with Fernando Valdés Fernández: Spolia in the vicinity of power. Files from the meeting in Toledo from September 21-22, 2006. Spolia en el entorno del poder. Von Zabern, Mainz 2009, ISBN 978-3-8053-4190-5 ( Iberia archaeologica , Volume 12).
- City gates. Building type and art form. Files from the meeting in Toledo, September 25-27, 2003. Puertas de ciudades. Von Zabern, Mainz 2006, ISBN 3-8053-3576-8 ( Iberia archaeologica , Volume 8).
- Archaeological guide through Portugal. Von Zabern, Mainz 1998, ISBN 3-8053-2313-1 ( Cultural History of the Ancient World , Volume 74).
- Information on Thomas G. Schattner on the website of the German Archaeological Institute, Madrid department
- Information about Thomas Schattner on the website of the University of Giessen
|SURNAME||Schattner, Thomas G.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schattner, Thomas Gregor (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German classical archaeologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 28, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dahn|