Manuel Piar Hydroelectric Power Plant
|Coordinates||7 ° 54 '25 " N , 63 ° 1' 35" W|
|Data on the structure|
|Lock type:||Gravity dam , rockfill dam , CFR Dam|
|Height of the barrier structure :||65 m|
|Crown length:||5 960 m|
|Power plant output:||2 300 MW|
|Data on the reservoir|
|Altitude (at congestion destination )||127 m|
|Water surface||87 km²|
|Storage space||1 770 m³|
|Design flood :||28 750 m³ / s|
The Manuel Piar hydropower plant (or the Tocoma dam ) is under construction on the Caroní River in Venezuela . It is the last planned hydropower plant on the lower Caroní. The project includes the expansion of 2160 MW and an average annual energy production of 12,100 GWh . Ten Kaplan turbines and generators, each with a nominal output of 230 MW, supplied by the Argentinian IMPSA , are used for this purpose. They should go into operation between 2012 and 2016.
The barrier structure consists of three sections: a 360 m long gravity dam as the main structure, a 1,800 m long rock embankment dam and a 3,800 m long CFR dam , a total of 5960 m.
The hydraulic drop is 34.65 m.
- List of the largest dams on earth
- List of the largest reservoirs on earth
- List of the largest hydroelectric plants in the world
- List of power plants in Venezuela
- List of dams in the world (Venezuela)
- ↑ VE-L1026: Manuel Piar (Tocoma) Dam Supplemental Financing, ( Memento of the original from November 17, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Inter-American Development Bank, accessed on….
- ↑ Tocoma Dam and Hydroelectric Power Project, ( Memento of the original from November 11, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Tractebel, accessed October 9, 2012.