Load capacity (technology)
The load capacity indicates a maximum load capacity in the field of technology .
The load capacity is called Working Load Limit (WLL) , also called the nominal load capacity. WLL specifies the maximum permissible load on a hoist or load-bearing element specified by the manufacturer ; without considering dynamic forces. It is given in kilograms or tons and with a safety factor.
WLL has been replacing the outdated term “Safe Working Load (SWL)” for many years.
The maximum permissible load can be significantly lower than the maximum load capacity depending on the load height and overhang.
The load capacity of lifting accessories such as ropes, chains, but also the eyes at the lifting points, i.e. H. the necessary load-bearing capacity depends on the angle of the suspension for two or more strands.
Warehouses and guides
The load capacity of bearings or guides is expressed by the static load rating and the dynamic load rating . The respective load rating is decisive for the selection of a bearing or a guide in the expected load case.
In construction , the design is carried out in the "limit states of the load-bearing capacity" (short GZT or ULS for ultimate limit state ). The rated values of the component resistances are based on the maximum cutting forces that result in the most unfavorable combination of external influences, with a risk-dependent safety factor and, depending on the material, a factor for alternating loads. The load-bearing capacity is then correspondingly greater and possibly time-dependent.
The load-bearing capacity of a soil is a measure of how deep and extensive the foundations of a building must be. The load carrying capacity is, for example, by a dynamic probing , a plate load test is determined or a dynamic-static pile attempt.
The carrying capacity of the conveyor vehicles is an important parameter for the transport of goods, especially the carrying capacity of ships and aircraft.
- Daia Zwicky: Heavily pre-stressed concrete beams for load-bearing capacity . vdf Hochschulverlag AG, 2002, ISBN 978-3-7281-2870-6 ( limited preview in Google book search).
- DAfStb: load-bearing capacity of struts and nodes in D areas . Beuth Verlag GmbH, 1997.
- Johannes Maier: Load-bearing capacity of reinforced concrete panels . Birkhäuser, 1988, ISBN 978-3-7643-2292-2 .
- Horst Brunk: About the load-bearing capacity of ice sheets . 1964 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Karl Helmut Rühl: The load-bearing capacity of metallic structures in structural engineering and mechanical engineering . W. Ernst, 1952.
- Philipp Krapf: Formulas and experiments on the load-bearing capacity of driven piles . W. Engelmann, 1906.
- Load capacity of the lifting gear. (No longer available online.) BG BAU - Berufsgenossenschaft der Bauwirtschaft, Berlin, archived from the original on October 5, 2013 ; Retrieved October 4, 2013 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Loadfor lifting accessories. (PDF; 247 kB) (No longer available online.) ABZ Handels GmbH, Ramstein-Miesenbach, archived from the original on October 4, 2013 ; Retrieved October 4, 2013 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.