Tycho Brahe Prize
The Tycho Brahe Prize of the European Astronomical Society (EAS) is awarded annually for achievements in astronomy with a European observation instrument (or for its development). It is endowed with 6000 euros and has been awarded since 2008. The award is named after Tycho Brahe .
- 2008 Göran Scharmer , for observations of the sun
- 2009 Françoise Combes , for observations of the interstellar medium in extragalactic systems, molecular absorption lines, dark matter, galaxy dynamics.
- 2010 Raymond Wilson , for contributions to active optics
- 2011 Michael Perryman for Hipparcos
- 2012 Reinhard Genzel , infrared astronomy, especially for the observation of the black hole in the center of the Milky Way
- 2013 Massimo Tarenghi , especially for the European Southern Observatory
- 2014 Antoine Labeyrie for innovations in optics, especially with high angular resolution
- 2015 Michel Mayor for exoplanet search and related instruments
- 2016 Joachim Trümper , X-ray astronomy, especially ROSAT
- 2017 Bernard Delabre for optical design of telescopes, cameras and spectrographs
- 2018 Andrzej Udalski , for OGLE
- 2019 Guy Monnet , for contributions to 3D spectroscopy and infrared telescopes
- 2020 Stefano Vitale , for the LISA Pathfinder mission