As a Union war (Danish / Swedish Unionskrigene ) are late medieval wars between Denmark and at the time of the Kalmar Union Sweden called. In these military conflicts it was initially about the greatest possible independence of Sweden within the Kalmar Union and the question of who should be the Union King . The civil war-like conflicts in the meantime finally led to Sweden's complete independence from Denmark.
The following wars are counted as Union Wars:
- Engelbrekt uprising (1434-1436)
- Danish-Swedish War (1470–1471)
- Danish-Swedish War (1483–1497)
- Danish-Hanseatic War (1509–1512) , Danish-Swedish War (since 1501) as part of it
- Swedish War of Liberation (1520-1523)
It was only after the Three Crowns War (1563–1570) that Denmark finally gave up its claim to the restoration of the Union.