Uwe C. Steiner
He studied in Düsseldorf , Bochum , Heidelberg and Mannheim . After receiving his doctorate in 1994 as Dr. phil. in 1997 he became a research assistant at the University of Mannheim . In 1999 he became Max Kade Visiting Professor at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. After completing his habilitation in 2002 at the University of Mannheim ( venia legendi : Modern German Literature, Culture and Media), he became a university lecturer in 2003 and carried out research at the DFG in 2010-Project Acting Things in Literature and Culture. In 2012 he was appointed Professor of Modern German Literature and Media Theory at the FernUniversität in Hagen .
His main research interests are literary history, media theory and history, literary and cultural history of things. Materiality and culture and cultural history and theories of the acoustic.
- The time of writing. The transience of parables and the crisis of writing in Hofmannsthal and in Rilke's The Notes of Malte Laurids Brigge . Munich 1996, ISBN 3-7705-3122-1 .
- Husserl . Munich 1997, ISBN 3-424-01290-4 .
- Disguise stories. The seal of the veil . Munich 2006, ISBN 3-7705-3909-5 .
- A rush of ears and the voices of gods. A cultural history of tinnitus . Munich 2012, ISBN 3-7705-5336-5 .
- Literature by and about Uwe C. Steiner in the catalog of the German National Library
- Professor Dr. Uwe Steiner
|SURNAME||Steiner, Uwe C.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German philologist and literary scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1963|