The Werkrealschule is a type of school in Baden-Württemberg , which enables pupils with a recommendation for a secondary school to obtain a secondary school certificate either after the 9th or 10th year of school or leads them to the intermediate level after grade 10.
Werkrealschule 'new type' (from 2010/11)
The new type of Werkrealschule was introduced in Baden-Württemberg in the 2010/2011 school year as a further school alongside the Gymnasium , Realschule and Hauptschule . It leads in a continuous education plan up to the middle school leaving certificate and enables a secondary school leaving certificate after the 9th school year.
Originally these Werkrealschulen were supposed to be two-class; From the school year 2012/13, however, single-class schools were also admitted if they had at least 16 students in class 10 or if they cooperated with a corresponding neighboring school.
At the end of the 7th grade of the secondary school, the pupils choose a compulsory elective subject that is attended in the 8th and 9th grades. The pupils can choose between the three profile subjects Nature and Technology (NuT), Economics and Information Technology (WuI) and Health and Social Affairs (GuS). In grade 10, there is close cooperation with the first year of the two-year vocational school, which is attended on two teaching days per week.
In addition to the compulsory electives, each with 2 hours per week, the students attend: Mathematics (5), German (5), English (5), Matter-Nature-Technology (MNT-4), World-Time-Society (WZG-5), music Sports-shaping (MSG-5), religious studies (2), economy-work-health (WAG-3). The number of lessons per week can vary as school curricula are developed.
Transition to grade 10
Since 2013, all students have been able to switch to grade 10 - without a grade barrier. However, you must take part in the decentralized oral language test in English and in a topic-based project test in class 9. Furthermore, the exams for the secondary school leaving certificate are written in the subjects German, mathematics and English. The grades in German, English and mathematics are evaluated like a class test if the students (or their legal guardians) have decided before the exam to take the secondary school final exam or the secondary school exam in grade 10. Pupils who want to take the secondary school final exam in grade 10 can still take the secondary school final exam in grade 9 - but cannot take this final exam again in grade 10.
Werkrealschule 'old type' (from 1994/95)
Before the school year 2010/2011, those secondary schools were designated as Werkrealschule, in which the elective subjects and a 10th school year were offered for particularly gifted secondary school students from the 8th grade. For the participation in the additional lessons in grade 8 and later in the 10th school year, the minimum requirements for the grades achieved were stricter than today.
- Middle maturity train in Bavaria
- Werkrealschule and secondary school - Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Culture
- Werkrealschule , information brochure KM Baden-Württemberg , PDF, December 2009
- Spiegel-Online from November 27th, 2008: Educational cheat pack : Baden-Württemberg pappt new label at secondary schools
- Werkrealschule / Community school: collection of links on the topic, implementation examples
- The Werkrealschule in Baden-Württemberg - short description ( memento of the original from October 30, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (As of 2008)