Winfried Schulz (sociologist)
Schulz studied social sciences in Munich, Berlin and Mainz. From 1965 he was a research assistant to Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann at the University of Mainz . In 1968 he was promoted to Dr. rer. pole. PhD. In 1974 he completed his habilitation in journalism . From 1972 to 1975 Schulz was assistant professor in Mainz and 1975/76 Research Fellow at the University of California at Berkeley . In 1977 he received a professorship for journalism at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster . In 1983 he changed to the chair for communication and political science at the FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg.
His main research interests are political communication, election and information campaigns, media effects and methods of communication and media research. In 2015 Schulz was awarded the Meyer Struckmann Prize for research in the humanities and social sciences .
- Political communication: theoretical approaches and results of empirical research , VS-Verlag, Wiesbaden 2011 (3rd edition, first edition 1997), ISBN 978-3-531-17222-4 .
- The construction of reality in the news media. Analysis of the current reporting . Karl Alber, Freiburg / Munich 1976, 2nd edition 1990. ISBN 3-495-47331-9
- Edited together with Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann and Hans Mathias Kepplinger : Alber-Broschur Kommunikation 20 volumes, Karl Alber, Freiburg / Munich 1975 to 1995
- Edited together with Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann and Jürgen Wilke : Fischer Lexikon Publizistik Massenkommunikation . 5th, updated, completely revised and supplemented edition. Fischer Taschenbuch, Frankfurt am Main 2009, ISBN 978-3-596-18192-6 .
- Communication process. In: Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann, Winfried Schulz, Jürgen Wilke (Hrsg.): Fischer Lexikon Publizistik Massenkommunikation . 5th, updated, completely revised and supplemented edition. Fischer Taschenbuch, Frankfurt am Main 2009, ISBN 978-3-596-18192-6 , pp. 169–199.
- Literature by and about Winfried Schulz in the catalog of the German National Library
- Publications (selection) at the University of Erlangen
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German communication scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 11, 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|