Wolkenstein publishing house
The Wolkenstein publishing house in Cologne was an author 's publishing house that changed over to Edition Wolkenstein in 2002.
The Wolkenstein publishing house in Cologne was founded in 1989 by Bert Brune and Frieder Döring on Maternusstrasse in the southern part of Cologne in memory of the German minstrel Oswald von Wolkenstein (1377–1448). In 1990 Heinz Schüssler was accepted as managing director. The publisher's aim was to bring out and market new productions by lesser-known authors.
From 1990 to 1999, the Wolkenstein publishing house was regularly represented with a stand at the Cologne Book Autumn , as well as at the Mainz mini press fair . He worked in over 300 public events with well-known and less well-known authors as well as with the Troisdorf literature café and the Frankfurt “ Oswald von Wolkenstein Society ”. In the spirit of Wolkenstein, the founding trio, together with other artists and musicians, went on readings and literary walks (such as “Wolkenstein meets Caesarius von Heisterbach ”, “New poetry and new music”, “Maienleier am Leyenweier”, “The king and his troubadour “) Wolkenstein texts and own lyrical productions also performed musically in bailiff style.
From 1991 to 1999 the Wolkenstein-Verlag published a ten-volume series of poetry under the name Edition Wolkenstein - Lyrik der 90er , which was published in 1999 in the volume Ohne Punkt & Komma. Poetry was presented and reviewed by Theo Breuer in the 1990s .
In 2001 the management of the Wolkenstein publishing house was initially transferred to Rainer Luce and Frieder Döring due to illness of the managing director. From 2002 it was continued by Rainer Luce solely under the name "Edition Wolkenstein", while the name Wolkenstein-Verlag was reserved for a few special editions. After the last remaining authors were taken over by Roland Reischl Verlag in Cologne in 2010, this function was also discontinued in 2011.
From 1989 to 2003 there were volumes of poetry by authors such as Bert Brune , Frieder Döring , Erwin Bücken, Jochen Zierau, Jochen Röhrig, Jochen Arlt , Norbert Scheuer , Paul Schmitz-Croy, Erich Wilker, Ruth Brühl, Charlotte Urland, Waltraud Hönes, Ruth Werner, Werner Hadulla and Rainer Luce.
Novels, anthologies, non-fiction books and plays formed the second focus with publications by u. a. Bert Brune, Frieder Döring, Heinz Schüssler, Erwin Bücken, Peter Udelhoven , Jochen Zierau, Werner Hadulla, Rainer Luce, Jörg M. Pönnighaus, Theo Breuer and with illustrations by Erich Wilker, Ri Meuser von Eschmar and Karl Christian Peters .
- Bert Brune, Frieder Döring, Heinz Schüssler: We Wolkensteiner . Cologne 2016, ISBN 978-3-943580-19-8 .
- Bert Brune: So Far That You Live Your Dreams , 1989, ISBN 3-927861-04-9 ; The Long Road , 1992, ISBN 3-92786111-1 ; Capuccino , 1995, ISBN 3-92786127-8
- Frieder Döring: Rheinischer Kinderkram , 1990, ISBN 3-927861-09-X ; Fools and Co , 1991, ISBN 3-927861-10-3
- Erwin Bücken: Narren and Co , 1991, ISBN 3-927861-10-3
- Paul Schmitz-Croy: Red no nonsense , 1990, ISBN 3-927861-07-3
- Erich Wilker: Obsessed with me , 1991, ISBN 3-927861-21-9
- Ruth Brühl: Flügelschlag , 1991, Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Bonn ( Memento of the original from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Charlotte Urland: It's Better To Mourn Than Laughing , 1993, University and State Library Bonn ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Waltraut Hönes: It is better to grieve than to laugh , 1993, University and State Library Bonn ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Werner Hadulla: The giant lady from Saxony , 2000, ISBN 3-927861-51-0 ; Officials need horoscopes too , 2000, ISBN 3-927861-52-9
- Rainer Luce: Marathon the run , 2001, ISBN 3-927861-63-4
- Heinz Schüssler: Dreckige Trips , 2000, ISBN 3-927861-54-5
- Jörg M. Pönnighaus: The rumor of the magic left behind , 2001, ISBN 3-927861-62-6
- Theo Breuer: Without point and comma , 1999, ISBN 3-927861-20-0