Ambros Zündel (born February 9, 1846 in Schwarzenberg in the Bregenzerwald , † November 2, 1905 in Furth near Göttweig ) was an Austrian teacher and senior teacher, as well as active in the field of archeology, for which he was awarded the honorary title of "Correspondent of the kk Central Commission for Art - and Historical Monuments ”. He was the first teacher of the common school from 1877 to 1902.
In the course of the construction of the Franz-Josefs-Bahn (S40 between Vienna / Tulln and St. Pölten ) by common barn , graves were cut in 1885 near the station. Ambros Zündel then carried out the first archaeological investigations in the town center with Adalbert Dungel , the abbot of Göttweig Abbey , as well as the tumuli of common barn in the west . These grave mounds give the village of Gemeinlebarn its name: “The place name 'Gemeinlebarn' contains the abbreviated word 'lewer', which means 'grave mound' in Old High German. Common barn means a place where 'the people lived near the burial mounds'. "(Cf. Leeberg )
- Christine Neugebauer-Maresch , Johannes-Wolfgang Neugebauer : Common bars. "People who live near burial mounds ...". 2000 BC BC, 600 BC Chr. 1st Edition. Catalog of the Lower Austrian State Museum, Volume NF 392. Office of the Lower Austrian State Government, Department III / 2 - Culture Department, Vienna 1996, ISBN 3-85460-159-X .
- Ambros Zündel: Valley history studies in the lower Traisen region (Lower Austria). In: Alfred Grund, Fritz Machacek: Annual Geographical Report from Austria. In connection with the report on the XXXI. Association year (1904/5) reimbursed by the Geographers Association at the kk University in Vienna. Posthumously published dissertation. Deuticke, Vienna 1907.
- Ambros Zündel et al .: Chronicle of the Primary School Gemeinlebarn (1877 to 1947) . In: Chronicle of the Volksschule Gemeinlebarn . tape 1 . Common barn (= local archive common barn, GSA000194).
- Christine Neugebauer-Maresch , Johannes-Wolfgang Neugebauer : common barn. "People who live near the burial mounds ..." Ed .: Office of the Lower Austrian State Government, Department III / 2 Culture Department. 1st edition. Catalog of the Lower Austrian State Museum, Vienna 1996, ISBN 3-85460-159-X .
- Introductory text to Ambros and Maria Zündel . In: Chronicle of the Volksschule Gemeinlebarn . tape 1-2 . Common barn (= local archive common barn, GOA000032).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 9, 1846|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schwarzenberg in the Bregenz Forest|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 2, 1905|
|Place of death||Furth near Göttweig|