Andreas G. Graf
Graf studied history at the Humboldt University in Berlin and at the Institute for Marxism-Leninism and received his doctorate on anarchism in February 1990 . At times he was an employee and secretary at the Media Control Council of the GDR , initiated by the Round Table in 1990 , which ceased its work in September 1990 when the takeover of the East German media by West German institutions was inevitable. At the same time, he organized himself in the Independent Historians' Association of the GDR and stated clearly in 1991: “Few social science disciplines were so under party-political curatorship as history. It was not just an appendix, but the vehicle of legitimation for SED rule, to which the young students were sworn a priori. "
In 2001 he became an employee at the Otto Suhr Institute for Politics and at the German Resistance Memorial Center under Peter Steinbach . Graf's research concerned the anarchist and anarcho-syndicalist movement in Germany during the German Empire, the Weimar Republic, and during the Nazi era, above all the resistance. He edited a travel report by the Swedish anarchist Rudolf Berner. He was first editor and most recently also co-editor of the journal IWK - International Scientific Correspondence on the History of the German Labor Movement , which was discontinued in 2008 due to a lack of funding.
- Anarchism in the Weimar Republic. Tendencies, organizations, people , Berlin 1990 (also: dissertation, Humboldt University).
- with Heike Graf: The media control council - island of stability in the media-political battle noise . In: Werner Claus (Ed.): Medien-Wende - Wende-Medien. Documentation of the change in GDR journalism October '89 - October '90 , Berlin 1991, pp. 7–15.
- Turn and walls. For self-discovery in (GDR) history . In: Konrad H. Jarausch (Ed.): Between partiality and professionalism. Balance of the historical studies of the GDR , Academy, Berlin 1991, ISBN 3-05001892-5 .
- Author and editor with Dieter Nelles: Resistance and Exile of German Anarchists and Anarcho-Syndicalists (1933–1945) . In: Rudolf Berner: The invisible front. Report on illegal work in Germany (1937) , Berlin / Cologne 1997.
- Mithrsg .: Anarchists against Hitler: Anarchists, Anarcho-Syndicalists, Council Communists in Resistance and Exile , Lukas Verlag, Berlin 2000.
- Wende and Walls , p. 37.
|SURNAME||Graf, Andreas G.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and history editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 29, 1952|
|DATE OF DEATH||5th July 2013|