Arno Behr (chemist, 1952)
Behr studied from 1970 to 1976 at RWTH Aachen University and completed his habilitation in 1986 under Wilhelm Keim at the Institute for Technical Chemistry and Petrochemistry with a thesis on the stoichiometric and catalytic activation of carbon dioxide on transition metal complexes .
Behr published several textbooks in the field of technical chemistry . After several years of industrial activity, in March 1996 he was appointed university professor at the chair for technical chemistry A at the Technical University of Dortmund . In spring 2017 Dieter Vogt took over the chair from Behr.
His main focus is on technical catalysis , in particular the technical implementation of homogeneous catalytic reactions such as telomerization , the chemistry of renewable raw materials and the activation of carbon dioxide with the help of catalysis.
In 2011, Behr, together with two other professors from TU Dortmund University, David Agar and Jakob Jörissen , received the literature prize of the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie for the textbook Introduction to Technical Chemistry .
For the book Introduction to the Chemistry of Renewable Raw Materials , he and Thomas Seidensticker received the literature prize from the Fonds der chemical Industrie in 2020
- Wilhelm Keim, Arno Behr and Günter Schmitt : Basics of industrial chemistry. Technical products and processes , ISBN 3-7935-5490-2 (Salle), ISBN 3-7941-2553-3 (Sauerländer).
- Manfred Baerns , Arno Behr and Axel Brehm: Technical Chemistry. Textbook . Wiley-VCH, 2006, ISBN 3-527-31000-2 .
- Carbon Dioxide Activation by Metal Complexes Vch Pub, 1988, ISBN 0-89573-826-0 .
- Ulfert Onken and Arno Behr: Textbook of technical chemistry. Volume 3, Chemical Process Science . Thieme Georg Verlag, 1996, ISBN 3-13-687601-6 .
- Arno Behr: Applied homogeneous catalysis , Wiley-VCH, 2008, ISBN 978-3-527-31666-3 .
- Arno Behr, DW Agar, J. Jörissen: Introduction to Technical Chemistry , Spektrum Verlag, 2010 ( excerpts in the Google book search).
- Arno Behr, T. Seidensticker: Introduction to the chemistry of renewable raw materials: occurrence, conversion, use, Springer Spectrum, 2018, ISBN 978-3-662-55254-4 . ( Online )
- tu-dortmund.de: Prof. Vogt succeeds Prof. Behr at the Chair of Technical Chemistry ( Memento of the original from November 13, 2017 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , April 5, 2017, accessed June 5, 2017.
- Fund Literature Prize 2011 goes to three professors from TU Dortmund University. In: vci.de. September 16, 2011, accessed June 9, 2013 .
- FCI Literature Prize
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German chemist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 26, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aachen|