Bella Vista (Maldonado)
Bella Vista on the map of Uruguay
It is located in the Maldonado department in sector 5 . The Río-de-la-Plata coastal town of Bella Vista is located near the border with Canelones and covers an approximately three-kilometer stretch of coast. The place is bordered to the west by the seaside resort of Solís , through which it is separated from the mouth of the Arroyo de las Espinas (Arroyo Espinas), and to the east of Las Flores . The eastern boundary is the Arroyo Las Flores . The closest places in the hinterland are Cerros Azules and Estación Las Flores .
The area where the present day town is located was originally bought by Jorge Aznares , an entrepreneur and operator of the Rausa company . Bella Vista's first settlers were workers at this company in 1930. This was followed by the establishment of the La Boja inn , which now represented the center of the village. As a result, holiday homes were built in the area and Bella Vista became a seaside resort.
Bella Vista, at the entrance of which there is a large red buoy with the imprint Bienvenidos a Bella Vista , is located on Ruta 10 , which also forms the Rambla on the coast . The place is touristy and characterized by luxurious properties. On the sandy bathing beach, there are separate dog beaches designated by the Intendencia of Maldonado at the two mouths of the Arroyo Espinas and Arroyo Las Flores .
Bella Vista had 141 inhabitants in 2011, 69 of them male and 72 female.
Source: Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay
- City map of Bella Vista (PDF; 159 kB)
- Bella Vista Beach at www.piriapolis.com, accessed March 24, 2012
- Las mascotas tienen playas propias (Spanish) on www.infopunta.com from September 3, 2011, accessed on March 25, 2012
- Statistical data ( memento of September 7, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) of the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay , accessed on September 27, 2012
- Statistical data of the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay 1963–1996 (DOC; 85 kB)
- Statistical data from the Instituto Nacional de Estadística de Uruguay 2004 as an xls file ( Memento from March 9, 2013 in the Internet Archive )