- population density
- year-on-year comparison
|289,612 (6th place / LT)
inh. / Km² 292,376 (−0.9%)
|Current population figures from 1.1.2006|
|governor||According to Umbrasienė|
|structure||6 self-governments (savivaldybė)|
The Panevėžys district (German Ponewiesch district ) is one of the ten administrative districts that have formed the top tier of the administrative division of Lithuania since 1994 . Until June 30, 2010 there was a district administration.
It comprised part of the historical landscape of Upper Lithuania .
Panevėžys District is divided into six self-governing municipalities, Panevėžys Municipality and five Rajong Municipalities.
- Panevėžys Municipality (115,314)
- Biržai district parish (33,900)
- Kupiškis Rajong Parish (23,691)
- Panevėžys Rajong Parish (43,293)
- Pasvalys District Parish (33,382)
- Rokiškis Rajong Parish (40,032)
(Resident on January 1, 2006)
- Homepage of the Panevėžys district (lit., engl.)