Christine Pitzke (born July 11, 1964 in Burghausen ) is a German writer .
After graduating from high school in 1983 at the Kurfürst-Maximilian-Gymnasium in Burghausen, she trained as a nurse from 1984 to 1987 . She passed the admission procedure for medical studies, but opted for subjects in the humanities (including English / American and German literature, psychology, philosophy). In 1993 she passed her master's degree at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich, majoring in New German Literature.
This was followed by several years of work in publishing and as a medical journalist (Urban & Schwarzenberg, Gustav Fischer Verlag, GesundheitBrockhaus). She did internships at Bayerischer Rundfunk, ORF and Sender Free Berlin. From 1993 she was a regular contributor and author for Bayerischer Rundfunk, especially in the field of science and education. Her career as a writer began in the summer of 2001 with a prose author's workshop at the Berlin Literary Colloquium. She received several awards for her prose debut. The work on other books was funded by institutions in Germany (Bundesakademie Wolfenbüttel, Kloster Cismar, Schloss Wiepersdorf) as well as writers' residencies in nearby foreign countries, in Horní Planá / CZE (Stifter-Verein München), in Pazin / HR (Goethe-Institut Zagreb ) and Novo Mesto / SI (Goethe-Institut Ljubljana).
The calmness of her prose was appreciated by the critics and a "certain surreal and formative potential" noted.
- Try to describe the morning. Jung and Jung Verlag , Salzburg / Vienna 2004, ISBN 3-902144-78-5 .
- Close by, far away. Jung and Jung, Salzburg / Vienna 2007, ISBN 978-3-902497-18-5 .
- The summer when this happened. Jung and Jung, Salzburg / Vienna 2010, ISBN 978-3-902497-66-6 .
- In the hotel of the little pictures. Jung and Jung, Salzburg / Vienna 2013, ISBN 978-3-99027-035-6 .
- We are under creation. Müry Salzmann Verlag , Salzburg / Vienna 2018, ISBN 978-3-99014-165-6 .
Poems in magazines (selection)
- Overtime in Weimar, In: Sinn und Form, ed. from D. Akademie der Künste Berlin, H. 4, July / Aug. 2018
- Metamorphoses with Stuck, In: Manuscripts. Zeitschrift für Literatur, issue 222, Graz, December 2018
Awards (among others)
- 2004: Scholarship from the Hermann Lenz Foundation
- 2004: Literature Prize of the Jürgen Ponto Foundation
- 2005: Rauris Literature Prize
- 2012: Literature grant from the Free State of Bavaria
- 2014/15: Fellowship Villa Concordia Bamberg
- Literature by and about Christine Pitzke in the catalog of the German National Library
- Short biography and information on Christine Pitzke's work at Literaturport
- Short biography and reviews of works by Christine Pitzke at perlentaucher.de
- Christine Pitzke in the Bavarian literature portal (project of the Bavarian State Library )
- ↑ ARD Audiothek radio knowledge
- ↑ The Seekers of Life | NZZ . June 23, 2010, ISSN 0376-6829 ( nzz.ch [accessed on May 4, 2019]).
- ↑ Paul Jandl: The summer in which the following happened. July 17, 2010 ( welt.de [accessed May 4, 2019]).
- ↑ Ulrike Matzer: Persistent midsummer mood. Christine Pitzke's novel “In the hotel of small pictures”. In: literaturkritik.de , accessed on August 30, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 11, 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Burghausen|