Cradle to Cradle
Cradle to Cradle ( English "from cradle to cradle", meaning "from origin to origin"; also abbreviated as C2C ) is an approach for a continuous and consistent circular economy . The principle, which can also be perceived as a philosophy or system, was designed in the late 1990s by the German chemist Michael Braungart and the American architect William McDonough . “Cradle-to-Cradle products ” are therefore those that can either be returned to biological cycles as biological nutrients or that can be kept continuously in technical cycles as “technical nutrients” .
The term is also the title of the 2002 book Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things by Braungart and McDonough: In it, Braungart and McDonough design in contrast to " life cycle assessment " (which covers the material cycle and its environmental impacts "from the cradle to the grave " analyze) and " eco-efficiency " also the term " eco-effectiveness ".
Cradle to Cradle e. V.
The German registered association Cradle to Cradle e. V. was founded in 2012 and has been organizing the international “Cradle to Cradle Congress” every year since 2014, and the “C2C Academy” every spring as a German national meeting for those active in the organization. Since 2015, the organization has published the nutrient magazine every year and meanwhile maintains several "alliances" on the subjects of building and architecture , design , science and technology , schools and textiles . In addition, there are now numerous regional groups. In this way he seeks to spread and implement the idea and the principle.
A "C2C certification " ( Cradle to Cradle Certified product standard ) is since 2010 from nonprofit -Institut Cradle To Cradle Products Innovation Institute based in San Francisco awarded (USA); five criteria are assessed:
- Material health,
- Circulatory ability,
- (Use) renewable energies,
- Responsible use of water as well
- Social justice.
The five grades Basic , Bronze , Silver , Gold and Platinum are awarded; the seal awarded must be renewed every two years. Certified products are e.g. B. (October 2018) the non-fictional picture book series for children in nature from the beginning of the KOSMOS publishing house , in silver the business strategy of the Danish construction element manufacturer Troldtekt a / s , the piece galvanizing surfaces duroZINQ and microZINQ from Voigt & Schweitzer GmbH & Co. KG as well as the infinito - yarn and ReWorx - fabric of the company Lauffenmühle .
- Recycling and Waste Act
- Ecological modernization
- Recycling , upcycling
- Sharing economy
- The blue economy
- Urban mining
- Zero Emissions Research and Initiatives
- Amory B. Lovins , Michael Braungart , Walter R. Stahel : A New Dynamic: Effective Business in a Circular Economy. Ellen MacArthur Found. Publ. 2014. ISBN 0-9927784-1-7
deutschlandfunk.de , From cultural and social sciences November 10, 2011, Ursula Storost: Visionaries, world savers and the fear of unteachable people
- Environment and consumers September 8, 2017, Uschi Götz: Mehrweg to go ( recircle.ch , komponentenportal.de : reCircle Germany )
- deutschlandfunk.de , cultural issues June 17, 2010, in conversation with Karin Fischer : 20 years of the World Summit in Rio
- deutschlandfunkkultur.de , In conversation May 18, 2017: "There is no garbage"
- zeit.de , May 16, 2013, Interview : "The world is unbearable as it is"
- Braungart, Michael, 1958-: Cradle to cradle: remaking the way we make things . Vintage, 2009, ISBN 978-0-09-953547-8 .
- William McDonough & Michael Braungart (2002): Cradle to Cradle . (Summary of the book) ( Memento from February 22, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- C2C Congress 2018. Accessed October 16, 2018 .
- C2C Academy | Another C2C - Network Websites website. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- Print magazine - Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- baubuendnis - Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- Gestalterbuendnis - Cradle to Cradle eV Accessed on October 16, 2018 .
- natural science association - Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- union - Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- Textile Alliance - Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- Regional groups & alliances - Cradle to Cradle e. V. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- Home - Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute. Retrieved October 16, 2018 .
- Cradle-to-Cradle Magazine Nutrient 2018, pp. 25 ff., October 17, 2018