Cristiano Dal Sasso
Dal Sasso studied natural sciences and has worked in the vertebrate paleontology department of the Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Milano (“Municipal Museum of Natural History in Milan”) since 1990 . He is the technical coordinator of the excavations in the Triassic layers in Besano . In addition to well-known popular science books , he has also published numerous scientific works , including the first descriptions of three genres:
- Scipionyx , the first dinosaur found in Italy,
- Besanosaurus , an ichthyosaur about six meters long,
- a marine monitor lizard that is considered the forerunner of snakes .
Together with the paleontologist Simone Maganuco, who also works at the Natural History Museum in Milan, he discovered parts of a Spinosaurus aegyptiacus in a private collection acquired by the museum.
- Cristiano Dal Sasso: Animals (Beginnings, Origins & Evolution) , Belitha Press, London (1994) ISBN 1-85561-378-6
- Cristiano Dal Sasso: Dinosaurs of Italy , Indiana Univ. Pr., Bloomington, Indiana, USA. (2005), ISBN 0-253-34514-6
- Short biography (Italian)
- Discovery of a Spinosaurus aegyptiacus (Italian)
- C. Dal Sasso, C .; Maganuco, S .; Buffetaut, E .; and Mendez, MA (2005). New information on the skull of the enigmatic theropod Spinosaurus , with remarks on its sizes and affinities . Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 25 (4): 888-896.
|SURNAME||Dal Sasso, Cristiano|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian paleontologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 12, 1965|