Dietrich Burger studied from 1953 to 1958 at the Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst in Leipzig with Bernhard Heisig . From 1964 he taught there, from 1984 to 2000 as a professor of painting and graphics.
Dietrich Burger lives and works in Roda near Leipzig .
"In Dietrich Burger's painting and graphics one encounters an unmistakably high proportion of identity between life and work. In the pictures, not only experiences and experiences take place more or less encoded, but the pictorial landscapes deal with existential questions for him The painter's reality-oriented gaze and a seismographically inward-facing registration are interwoven in the painterly and graphic structure. "
"Burger stands for a constructivist variant of Saxon painting. Similar to Harald Metzkes, only with a different painterly and stylistic consistency, his painting style is strongly different from the historical as well as the classically modern French painting, including Corot, Watteau, Chardin, Picasso and Matisse coined. "
- 1988 Art Prize of the GDR .
- 1978 Dietrich Burger: Painting and graphics, Lindenau Museum
- 1995 painting / graphics / drawings, Galerie Kleindienst, Leipzig
- 2000 Dietrich Burger: painting, drawing, printmaking, Lindenau Museum
- 2005 New pictures, Galerie Kleindienst, Leipzig
- 2008 Dietrich Burger: Yesterday and Today, Galerie am Domhof, Zwickau
- 2010 bb, Galerie Kleindienst, Leipzig
Participation in exhibitions
- 1961 6th district art exhibition, Leipzig
- 2007 Since Leipzig, Kunsthalle Wittenhagen
- 2011 High pressure at the HGB Leipzig, University for Graphics and Book Art Leipzig
Works in museums and public collections (selection)
- Altenburg (Thuringia), Lindenau Museum (many works, including: Walkers; panel painting, tempera, 1988?)
- Gera, Gera art collection, Otto-Dix-Haus (including I m garden / The artist's children ; graphite drawing, 1976)
- Dietrich Burger (with the catalog raisonné of the prints). Lindenau Museum, Altenburg, 1978
- Dietrich Burger. Painting, drawing, printing. (Works from 1961-1999, with list of exhibitions, bio and bibliography), Lindenau-Museum, Altenburg, 2000
- Dr. Peter Guth (in: Dietrich Burger - Painting, Graphics, Drawing, 1996) according to https://www.galeriekleindienst.de/dietrich-burger.html?language=de
- Publications up to 1989 ( Memento of the original from October 19, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. lindenau-museum.de, accessed on August 18, 2013.
- Publications 2000 - 2009 ( Memento of the original from October 19, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. lindenau-museum.de, accessed on August 18, 2013.
- high pressure at the HGB Leipzig hgb-leipzig.de, accessed on August 18, 2013.
- picture index of art & architecture
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter and graphic artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 14, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Frankenhausen|