Schnittgard grew up on Sylt . She became known through the music-cabaret duo Queen Bee, founded in 1994 with Ina Müller . Since the dissolution of Queen Bee at the end of 2005, Edda Schnittgard has appeared as a singer and cabaret artist in her own projects and with other partners and has worked as a writer and director (e.g. Sybille and the little crazy , Evi and the animal ) and other cabaret and Cabaret projects.
Edda Schnittgard has withdrawn from show business since mid-2008. She initially announced that she was taking an artistic break. In August 2010 she announced in an interview that she had been suffering from a severe form of multiple sclerosis for over a year .
A kind of characteristic of Edda Schnittgard is her corpulent figure. During the exchange of words between her and her partner Ina Müller, who caused a sparkling pun when Queen Bees appeared, Schnittgard's voluminous body was not infrequently discussed, for example her "hobby of sitting ", whereby both Müller commented on the body mass of her heavy partner in biting comments Schippe took ("I have legs, you have rammers; I am the yacht and you the steamer!"), As well as Schnittgard himself frequently, e.g. B. in some of the duo's songs, self-confidently and self-ironically dealt with the "figure problem".
- 1996 One sings, the other too (Queen Bee)
- 1998 If you stop, I'll start (Queen Bee)
- 2000 girlfriends (Queen Bee)
- 2002 Volle Kanne Candlelight (Queen Bee)
- 2005 Offside is when nobody whistles (Queen Bee) - CD and VCD
- 2006 Barbie Reloaded. The goal is in the way. Roof Music, Bochum / Indigo (sales), Hamburg 2007; ISBN 978-3-938781-50-0
- 2000: Minden stickleback , group award (with Queen Bee )
- 2001: German Cabaret Prize in the Chanson / Lied / Music category (with Queen Bee )
- 2002: Garching cabaret mask (with Queen Bee )
- Edda Schnittgard in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Works by and about Edda Schnittgard in the catalog of the German National Library
- Archived website of Edda Schnittgard (as of May 1, 2008) ( Memento from May 1, 2008 in the Internet Archive )
- Homepage of Edda Schnittgard at myspace
- Short bio about Edda Schnittgard at 'Verlag roofmusic'
- "Edda Schnittgard has been living with multiple sclerosis for over a year", Sylter Spiegel, August 11, 2010
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German singer and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Heath (Holstein)|