Sigismund attended the Dresden Kreuzgymnasium from 1884 to 1892 and then completed a degree in theology , which he completed with a Cand. rev. min. et paed. (Candidatus reverendi Ministerii et Paedagogii). From 1896 he taught as vicar at the rural evangelical seminar in Bautzen . In the following year he switched to the teaching seminar in Löbau as an assistant teacher before he took up a position as a permanent teacher at the seminar in Dresden-Friedrichstadt in 1899 . In 1903 he was appointed senior teacher there. From 1911 until it was closed in 1928, he taught at the teachers' college in Oschatz and then worked there as senior teacher at what is now called the Deutsche Oberschule . In 1934 he had himself taken into early permanent retirement upon request. He then taught as a professor at the Dresden Art Academy .
Sigismund is buried in the Trinity Cemetery in Dresden.
- Ferdinand von Rayski. A biographical attempt. (= Messages from the Society for the History of Dresden 20). Dresden 1907.
- The origin of the Oschatz seminar. Record-based representation, dedicated to the institution for the 50th anniversary. Göthel, Oschatz 1921.
- Ferdinand von Rayski (1806-1890). (= Dresden artist monographs 2). B. Hartung, Leipzig 1922.
- On the history of painting in Oschatz. Göthel, Oschatz 1924.
- The “Picture Chronicle” of the Saxon Art Association 1828–1836. In: 100 Years of the Saxon Art Association. Dresden 1928, p. 173 ff.
- The Oschatz Heimatmuseum. Göthel, Oschatz 1932.
- Christoph August Kirsch, a forgotten painter of the 18th century. Jeß, Dresden 1939.
- Caspar David Friedrich. An outline drawing. Jeß, Dresden 1943.
- Estate in the Saxon State Library - Dresden State and University Library
- Estate in the Saxon Main State Archive in Dresden
- Publications by Ernst Sigismund in the joint library network
- Publications by Ernst Sigismund in the catalog of the Saxon State Library - State and University Library Dresden
Ernst Sigismund (editor): Pictures on the history of the higher schools in Saxony. School and home buildings; Portraits and testimonials from ministers of culture, rectors, cantors, teachers, students with life data. ( Proof in the SLUB Dresden catalog )
# 113: Ernst Sigismund as a student in Dresden (1884–1892)
# 275: Ernst Sigismund as a teacher in Oschatz (1911–1934)
- Handbook of School Statistics for the Kingdom of Saxony 22, 1913, p. 123 ( digitized version ).
- Ordinance the Saxon Ministry for National Education, 1934, p. 70 by Sigismund in the personnel file of the BIL expert body in the archive database of the Library for Research on Educational History (BBF)
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Sigismund, Ernst Georg Karl (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German teacher and art historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 20, 1873|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|
|DATE OF DEATH||1953|