|Online marketplace for handmade items|
|Annual income||US $ 273.5 million (2015)|
Etsy is a Founded in 2005, E-Commerce - Web site for buying and selling handmade products, vintage and art supplies. The headquarters are located in the New York borough of Brooklyn . The range includes art, photography, fashion, jewelry, cosmetic products, toys and more. To be considered "vintage", items must be at least 20 years old.
The website went live in 2005. Since then, the online marketplace has grown in importance. In 2011 there were 800,000 active sellers and twelve million buyers registered and 25 million visitors a month. In 2010, Etsy opened a branch in Berlin. The main competitors in Germany are DaWanda (2006 to August 2018) and ezebee.com.
The platform is particularly successful in the United States . Etsy has been increasing its commitment in Europe since mid-2012; For example, the platform's iPhone app has also been available in German since October 2012 . In addition to the US investor Accel Partners , the investors also included the partner-managed venture capitalist Acton Capital Partners from Munich . The Etsy share has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange ( NASDAQ ) since April 16, 2015 .
For sales through the website, Etsy charges a commission of 3.5%.
- ↑ Etsy - Sales worldwide 2015 | Statistics. In: Statista. Retrieved August 5, 2016 .
- ↑ Kat Orland: Web 2.0 Awards 2006. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on September 14, 2010 ; Retrieved October 6, 2010 (Interview with Robert Kalin of Etsy). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Etsy is the global marketplace for handmade items. Retrieved October 24, 2012 .
- ↑ Martin Weigert: Etsy starts in Germany and meets DaWanda. In: foerderland.de. September 13, 2011, accessed October 24, 2012 .
- ↑ Christine Imlinger: Dawanda: The renaissance of handicrafts. In: The press . December 17, 2011, accessed October 24, 2012 .
- ↑ Jan Kluczniok: App tip: Etsy - Buying and selling via iPhone now in German. In: netzwelt . October 23, 2012, accessed October 24, 2012 .
- ↑ Online marketplace Etsy valued at billions. In: Spiegel Online , April 16, 2015.
- ↑ Crafts website company Etsy valued at $ 4 billion in market debut . In: Reuters . April 16, 2015 ( reuters.com [accessed March 25, 2019]).
- ↑ Selling on Etsy