Evangelical press association for Bavaria
The Evangelical Press Association for Bavaria eV is the central Protestant media house of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria (ELKB) . The non-profit association is active in various areas: newspapers / magazines, news agencies, radio, television, books, internet and social media as well as services for media and communication.
The Bavarian pastor Robert Geisendörfer headed the EPV as managing director from April 1, 1947: At that time, the media house was housed in a room in the former villa of the circus director Renz at Himmelreichstrasse 4 near the English Garden, which the church had bought. Today the theologian Roland Gertz heads the association as director and board member. Gertz has also been chairman of the Evangelical Media Association in Germany (EMVD) since 2014 .
The EPV has editorial offices in all Bavarian church districts:
- Church district Nuremberg and Middle Franconia (Nuremberg office)
- Church district Munich and Upper Bavaria (Munich office)
- Church district Ansbach-Würzburg (Würzburg office)
- Church district Augsburg and Swabia (Augsburg office)
- Bayreuth Church District (Bayreuth Office)
- Church district Regensburg (Regensburg office)
The departments include
- Sunday paper, Evangelical weekly newspaper for Bavaria
- Evangelical Press Service (epd), Bavarian State Service
- Protestant television (efs)
- Evangelical Radio Agency (efa)
- Claudius publishing house
- Networked Church
- Evangelical media agency
- Online editing / cross media department
- Winter, Helmut: Journalism as a task of the church: 50 years Evang. Press association for Bavaria . Munich 1983.
- Vote for the speechless On the 40th anniversary of Robert Geisendörfer's death «Robert Geisendörfer. Retrieved June 20, 2018 .
- Change in the board of the Evangelical Media Association / Roland Gertz new chairman. Retrieved June 20, 2018 .
- Sunday paper. Retrieved June 20, 2018 .