Fábrica de Osram
The Fábrica de Osram (official name: Fábrica de lámparas eléctricas de la DGA de Berlín ) is a factory building located on the Paseo de Santa María de la Cabeza in Madrid . It is a rectangular, four-and-a-half-story building with typical industrial façades in the architectural style of the Chicago School . It is on three main streets and a courtyard .
The building was built in 1914 by the Spanish architect Alberto de Palacio y Elissague as a factory and administration building for electrical materials for Deutsche Gasglühlicht AG , which later belonged to Osram . Since 1916 incandescent lamps with a filament made of tungsten have been produced there. Later also other products from Osram.
At the height of production, the plant employed more than 500 people and formed part of the industrial network in the south of Madrid. Production was stopped in 1993. The German parent company opened a distribution warehouse in the town of Alcalá de Henares , around 28 kilometers away , which from there only sells products manufactured abroad in Spain. At that time, around 150 people were still employed at the original plant in Madrid, who were made redundant with a severance payment.
After a renovation, the building has been the seat of the urban land and housing company Empresa Municipal de la Vivienda y Suelo (EMVS) of Madrid since 2001 .
- Pedro Montoliú Camps: in Enciclopedia de Madrid. Edition Planeta 2002.
- Cristián Ricci: El Espacio Urbano en la Narrativa Del Madrid de la Edad de Plata (1900-1938). Published in: CSIC 2005.
- Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos de Madrid: Guía de arquitectura y urbanismo de Madrid, Ensanche y crecimiento. Volume II. 1984, p. 269.
- Osram cierra su fábrica madrileña newspaper report on elpais.com from October 16, 1993, accessed June 22, 2013.
- José Esteban: El Madrid de la República. Edition: Silex 2000, p. 23.
- Boletín Oficial de la Comunidad de Madrid : p. 33/34 ( Memento of the original dated May 6, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 16.3 MB) at bocm.es, accessed June 22, 2013.