Friedrich Sauvigny (born February 15, 1953 in Lippstadt ) is a German professor of mathematics . His specialties are partial differential equations and differential geometry .
Sauvigny studied mathematics from 1971 to 1978 - among others with Erhard Heinz - at the University of Göttingen . From 1978 to 1983 he was an assistant in Aachen and wrote his dissertation. In 1981 he was prescribed with a thesis on surfaces mean curvature Dr. rer. nat. PhD. From 1983 to 1989 he was a temporary academic advisor at the Clausthal University of Technology . In 1989 he completed his habilitation in Göttingen. In 1989 and 1990 he was a research assistant at the Collaborative Research Center 256 “Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations” at the University of Bonn . There he began working with Stefan Hildebrandt , which resulted in several scientific papers. He then went to the University of Milwaukee as an assistant professor for two years . Since 1992 he has headed the “Mathematics, especially Analysis” chair at the BTU Cottbus and from July 1, 2013 at the Brandenburg Technical University Cottbus-Senftenberg .
He is married to the librarian Magdalene Frewer-Sauvigny, who headed the university library in the IKMZ of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg from April 2005 to December 2019 .
- A priori estimates of major curvatures for medium-curvature-type immersions using uniformization and amber-type sets . Habilitation thesis, University of Göttingen, 1988.
- Uniqueness of stable minimal surfaces with partially free boundaries . In: Paul Concus (ed.): Advances in geometric analysis and continuum mechanics . International Press, Cambridge Mass. 1995, pp. 263-268, ISBN 1-571-46023-3 .
- With Stefan Hildebrandt: Minimal surfaces in a wedge
- I. Asymptotic expansions . In: Calculus of variations and partial differential equations . Volume 5, 1997, pp. 99-115.
- II. The edge creeping phenomenon . In: Archives of Mathematics . Volume 69, 1997, 164-176.
- III. Existence of graph solutions and some uniqueness results . In: Journal for Pure and Applied Mathematics . Volume 514, 1999, pp. 71-101.
- IV. Hölder estimates of the Gauss map and a Bernstein theorem . In: Calculus of variations and partial differential equations . Volume 8, 1999, pp. 71-90.
Partial differential equations of geometry and physics . Springer, Berlin [a. a.] (English as: Partial Differential Equations )
- Volume 1 Basics and integral representations . 2004, ISBN 3-540-20453-9 (English as: Foundations and integral representations . 2006, ISBN 3-540-34457-8 ).
- Volume 2 Functional Analytical Solution Methods . 2005, ISBN 3-540-23107-2 (English as: Functional analytic methods . 2006, ISBN 3-540-34461-6 ).
- Ulrich Dierkes, Stefan Hildebrandt, Friedrich Sauvigny: Minimal Surfaces (= Basic Teachings of the Mathematical Sciences, Volume 339). 2nd edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-642-11697-1
- Analysis. Basics, differentiation, integration theory, differential equations, methods of variation. Springer Spectrum, Berlin and Heidelberg 2014, ISBN 978-3-642-41506-7
- Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar . 20th edition, Saur, Munich Leipzig 2005, ISBN 3-598-23612-3 .
- Literature by and about Friedrich Sauvigny in the catalog of the German National Library
- Chair of Mathematics, especially Analysis
- Friedrich Sauvigny in the Mathematics Genealogy Project
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German mathematician and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 15, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lippstadt|