Georg von Schnurbein
Georg von Schnurbein (* 1977 in Regen ) is a German professor for foundation management at the University of Basel and founder and director of the Center for Philanthropy Studies (CEPS) at the University of Basel.
Schnurbein studied business administration from 1998 to 2003 , first at the Otto Friedrich University in Bamberg , then at the University of Freiburg (Switzerland) and a minor in political science at the University of Bern . After completing his studies, he did his doctorate at the University of Friborg (Switzerland) in 2007 and his habilitation at the Vienna University of Economics and Business in 2013 .
In connection with the establishment of the Center for Philanthropy Studies (CEPS), Georg von Schnurbein was appointed Assistant Professor for Foundation Management at the Faculty of Economics at the University of Basel in 2008. In 2014 he was appointed Associate Professor for Foundation Management at the same faculty. The Center for Philanthropy Studies (CEPS) was founded in 2008 on the initiative of SwissFoundations as the first interdisciplinary research and further education center in Switzerland for philanthropy and foundations.
Schnurbein has published numerous publications on the subjects of nonprofit management , foundation management , impact measurement, financing of NPOs and philanthropy . The main scientific publications are:
- Benefits and Drivers of Nonprofit Revenue Concentration, in: Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, Vol. 46, No. 5, 2018, pp. 922-943 (together with Tizian Fritz)
- Financing and growth of nonprofit organizations, in: The company, vol. 71, no. 2, 2017, pp. 147–164.
- Swiss Foundation Code 2015, Foundation Governance Vol. 11, Basel: Helbing Lichtenhahn, 2015 (together with Thomas Sprecher and Philipp Egger)
- The Foundation: Strategy - Leadership - Management, Foundation Governance Vol. 7, 2nd edition, Basel: Helbing Lichtenhahn, 2015 (together with Karsten Timmer)
- Organizational factors affecting volunteers: a literature review on volunteer coordination, in: Voluntas, available online, 2012 (together with Sibylle Studer)
Editing and reviewing activities
Schnurbein is co-editor of the annual Swiss Foundation Report and the Swiss Foundation Code 2015. He is also a member of committees of various scientific journals and series of editors, e. B. Nonprofit Management & Leadership, Voluntary Sector Review and Global Perspectives on Philanthropy and Public Good Series.
- Team of the CEPS at the University of Basel. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
|SURNAME||Schnurbein, Georg von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German business economist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1977|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||rain|