Gerhard Meier (Assyriologist)
Gerhard Meier studied Oriental Studies at Berlin University , where he received his Dr. phil. received his doctorate . From 1935 he was involved with Bruno Meissner in the preparatory work on the Akkadian concise dictionary . He wrote several essays and articles for the Archive for Orient Research , for the Journal for Assyriology and for the Real Encyclopedia of Classical Classical Studies (RE).
In World War II, Meier fought on the Eastern Front; he has been missing since January 1945.
- The Assyrian Summoning Collection Maqlû. Revised by Gerhard Meier . Berlin 1937 ( Archive for Orient Research , Supplement 2; = Dissertation). Reprint Osnabrück 1967
- Ernst Friedrich Weidner : Obituary for Gerhard Meier . In: Archive for Orient Research . Volume 15 (1945-1951), p. 173; Volume 21 (1966), p. 70
- Handbook of Cuneiform Literature . Volume 1 (1967), pp. 339-340
- Handbook of Cuneiform Literature . Volume 2 (1975), pp. 194-196
- Rykle Borger : Meier, Gerhard . In: Reallexikon der Assyriologie und Vorderasiatischen Aräologie . Volume 8 (1993-1997), p. 32
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Assyriologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 31, 1913|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Podgórz near Thorn|
|DATE OF DEATH||uncertain: 1945|