Gerhard Tutz has been C4 professor for applied stochastics at the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (LMU) since April 1, 1998 . Before that, Tutz was employed as a full professor for statistics and business mathematics at the Technical University of Berlin . Before his call to Berlin, he was C3 professor at the Institute for Statistics at the LMU for one year. He did his doctorate in 1983 with Ludwig Fahrmeir .
Gerhard Tutz works in the field of multivariate and categorical statistics, and researches model selection and smoothing methods. His best known student is Göran Kauermann .
- The analysis of categorical data , Munich 2000; ISBN 3-486-25405-7
- Multivariate Statistical Modeling Based on Generalized Linear Models (with L. Fahrmeir), Heidelberg: Springer 2001, ISBN 0-387-95187-3
- Ludwig Fahrmeir , Rita Künstler, Iris Pigeot and Gerhard Tutz: Statistics: The way to data analysis . 8., revised. and additional edition. Springer Spectrum, Berlin / Heidelberg 2016, ISBN 978-3-662-50371-3 .
- Gerhard Tutz in the Mathematics Genealogy Project (English)
- Homepage of Gerhard Tutz at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich
- http://www2.tu-berlin.de/presse/pi/1998/pi154.htm ( Memento from November 7, 2006 in the Internet Archive )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German mathematician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 19, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kirchberg|