Live and act
After primary school, Gernot Brunner attended the Lichtenfels modern language grammar school in Graz, where he graduated in 1984. He then studied human medicine at the University of Graz , where he received his doctorate in medicine in 1991 (Dr. med. Univ).
After completing his community service at the Austrian Red Cross in Graz (July 1991-January 1992), he worked from February to August 1992 in a teaching practice with a specialist in internal medicine in Graz.
In October 1992 Brunner started at the Medical University Clinic of the LKH-Univ. Klinikum Graz completed his training as a specialist in internal medicine , which he successfully completed in 1998. From 1998 to 2001 he completed further training there as a specialist in intensive care medicine and from 2001 to 2004 as a specialist in gastroenterology and hepatology .
For his achievements in research and teaching , he received his habilitation in internal medicine in 2001 after corresponding stays abroad (Germany, Italy, Denmark and the USA) , whereby he was granted the license to teach as a university lecturer as an associate professor in the same year .
After Brunner took on the role of Deputy Medical Director at the LKH-Univ. Had taken over Klinikum Graz, he was appointed full-time medical director at this second largest hospital in Austria on December 1, 2008. In this role he worked at the LKH-Univ. Klinikum Graz made significant contributions in the following years to the optimization of the cooperation between the two legal entities as well as to the optimization of quality management and patient safety .
In April 2016, Brunner was elected President of the Austrian Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Institutions , ONGKG for short , and held this position until the end of 2018.
In 2016 he also appeared as a founding member of the Austrian Society for Quality and Safety in Health Care, or ASQS for short , and is an active member of the board of this professional society.
In December 2018 - after ten years of successful activity - Brunner resigned from his position as Medical Director of the LKH University Hospital Graz. For his services to the LKH-Univ. Hospital Graz was it by the Styrian government , the Golden Medal of Styria awarded.
He has been married to the dietician Annemarie Brunner, MPH (Master of Public Health), since 1987, with whom he has three adult children.
From the early 1990s onwards, Brunner wrote numerous writings, some of which also appeared in medical journals. A list of all known publications is available on the official website of the Medical University of Graz:
- Extract from Gernot Brunner's publications , accessed on May 3, 2020.
- Gernot Brunner (website: management consultancy)
- Gernot Brunner (website: doctor and coach)
- Gernot Brunner (PCM Coach on the official KCG website - Kahler Communication GmbH)
- Gernot Brunner on the official website of the Carl Gustav Carus University Hospital Dresden
- Gernot Brunner on the official website of the ONGKG
- INFORMATION SHEET OF THE KARL-FRANZENS-UNIVERSITÄT GRAZ , accessed on July 5, 2018
- Internal Medicine in Graz - The Venia docendi acquired in Graz , accessed on July 5, 2018
- New Medical Director at LKH-Univ. Klinikum Graz , accessed on July 5, 2018
- cooperationat the clinic guarantees stability and security. Press release of the LKH-Univ. Klinikum Graz, December 20, 2011, accessed on May 3, 2020 .
- Patient safety - Graz University Hospital wants to optimize. Article in the Kleine Zeitung, September 26, 2012, accessed on May 3, 2020 .
- High-risk medicine sector - Measures at the LKH-Univ. Graz Clinic. Press release of the LKH-Univ. Klinikum Graz, September 26, 2012, accessed on May 3, 2020 .
- election of the ONGKG President , accessed on July 5, 2018
- Austrian Society for Quality and Safety in Health Care (ASQS). Retrieved May 3, 2020 .
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Gernot Brunner takes over the chairmanship of the supervisory board , accessed on July 5, 2018
- Medical director leaves the LKH Graz , accessed on July 5, 2018
- Large decorations awarded by the State of Styria. Retrieved May 3, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian medic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 13, 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dusseldorf , Germany|