Gnaeus Domitius Ahenobarbus (Consul 32)
Gnaeus Domitius Ahenobarbus was a son of Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus (consul 16 BC) and Antonia the Elder , daughter of Mark Antony and Octavia , and thus a great-nephew of Augustus . In 28 AD, Emperor Tiberius married him to the younger Agrippina , the daughter of Germanicus . He had a child with her, Lucius Domitius Ahenobarbus, born in 37, who later became Nero . In the year 32 Domitius was (unusually all year long) consul ordinarius . He was prosecuted in 37 for incest with his sister Domitia Lepida and insult to majesty; he was also involved in their trial as a lover of the albucilla ; but he escaped condemnation due to the death of Emperor Tiberius at that time. He died in the first half of AD 40 when his son Nero was two years old.
- Edmund Groag : Domitius 25 . In: Paulys Realencyclopadie der classischen Antiquity Science (RE). Volume V, 1, Stuttgart 1903, Col. 1331-1333.
- Rudolf Hanslik : Domitius II 1. In: The Little Pauly (KlP). Volume 2, Stuttgart 1967, column 130.
- Velleius Paterculus , Historia Romana 2, 72, 3; Tacitus , Annals 4, 75.
- Tacitus, Annals 4, 75.
- Suetonius , Nero 5f.
- Cassius Dio , Römische Geschichte 58, 20, 1; among others
- Suetonius, Nero 5, 2; Tacitus, Annals 6, 47, 2 and 6, 48, 1; Cassius Dio, Roman History 58, 27, 2ff.
- Suetonius, Nero 6, 3.
|SURNAME||Domitius Ahenobarbus, Gnaeus|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ahenobarbus, Gnaeus Domitius|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Roman politician of the early imperial era, father Nero|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1st century BC BC or 1st century|
|DATE OF DEATH||40|