Principles and systems of principles can usually be described as follows:
- generally recognized,
- clearly formulated,
- not reducible ,
- consistent (= free of contradictions ) and plausible ( plausible ),
- Aid for dealing with complexity (= the property of a system or model whose overall behavior can not be clearly described even if one has complete information about its individual components and their interactions).
In legal German, the words “principle” and “fundamental” are used in a relativizing way - as a common guideline, from which it is possible to deviate in individual cases. "Principle" here means "rule with exception" or "duty with exception". Examples are: the principle of the right to be heard (hearing those affected), judicial neutrality , the principle of the public sphere (no secret justice, etc.).
The legal principle is a particularly important, fundamental legal principle that occurs in various laws or that arises indirectly from the legal system, e.g. B. falsa demonstratio non nocet ( Latin for "a wrong name doesn't hurt").
The general principles of law are sources of law in international law, alongside international treaty law and customary international law (cf. Art. 38 Para. I lit. c ICJ Statute of the United Nations International Court of Justice), e. B. pacta sunt servanda (Latin for "contracts must be kept").
- For human coexistence:
- Ethical principles: golden rule , self and shared responsibility , truthfulness , justice , solidarity , etc.
- Politics : the principle of separation of powers , personal freedom , self-determination or subsidiarity , respect for human rights , protection of privacy , etc.
- Marriage and partnership: free choice , equality , trust , community of gains , etc.
- For the environment, economy, traffic:
- For the sciences :
- Falsifiability , honesty , reliability , validity , citing sources, etc.
- For natural sciences in particular: objectivity , verifiability , natural laws .
- In medicine and education a . a .: Free choice of doctor , orientation towards the best interests of the child , educational love (Don Bosco), congruence of content and method (Montessori), teaching of values .
- KircheundtotalerMarkt3-hengsbach.pdf Meeting point ethics , principles vs. total market
- Ethical principles of the VDI , engineering profession & society
- Procedural principles in legal proceedings
- The new principle I (own funds of banks), Deutsche Bundesbank 1998
- Principle II ( liquidity of credit institutions)
- H. Härtl: Implicit information: Linguistic economy and interpretative complexity in verbs (= studia grammatica 68) . Berlin: Akademie-Verlag, 2008, ISBN 3050045027 .
- Hermann Schlueter: legal principle . Retrieved November 4, 2018.
- Hermann Schlueter: general legal principles . Retrieved November 4, 2018.