|nationwide start-up agency
The nationwide start-up agency (bga) has been operating since 2004. It is the first and only Germany-wide competence and service center for entrepreneurial independence of women and deals with all sectors and phases of business start-ups , consolidation and corporate succession . The bga thus fulfills a contact and mediation position for business, science, politics, founders and buyers. In association with regional partners, the bga contributes to increasing the proportion of women in business start-ups and thus unlocking the economic potential of women for Germany as a business location. It promotes the visibility of women entrepreneurs in economic and social life and thus increases awareness of women entrepreneurs in the Federal Republic of Germany. In doing so, the bga is also trying to increase the proportion of self-employed women with a migration background , which according to the 2008 microcensus was seven percent within the self-employed quota, and takes on special issues such as the establishment of women over 45 and the senior economy.
In 2009 the bga was recognized by the European Commission as a European model of success in an EU-wide competition , due to the Europe-wide peculiarity of a contact point for women willing to start a business, which is active at the federal as well as at the level of the federal states and in the regions. The nationwide start-up agency (bga) is funded by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology , the Federal Ministry of Education and Research , the Federal Ministry for Family, Seniors, Women and Youth as well as the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Ministry of Finance and Economy of the State of Baden- Württemberg .
Expert networks and advisory institutions
The bga bundles all relevant information about business start-ups and business succession by women. The bga databases provide access to a pool with around 500 advisory institutions, 1,200 expert experts and 350 networks with nationwide information and services on entrepreneurship for women as well as cross-gender offers such as the start-up portal, the funding database and the official guide of the Federal Ministry of Economics, the Program EXIST - business start-ups from science, the advice and training portal for small and medium-sized companies and the start-up week in Germany.
The hotline for female founders set up by the bga as well as the information telephone on SMEs and business start-ups and the expert forum, both of which are offered by the Federal Ministry of Economics, offer direct advice for female founders. The regional managers of the bga, established in all 16 federal states, support the regional accompaniment of women interested in founding a business, flanked by a comprehensive, nationwide network of women’s start-up centers.
Training and competitions
An eTraining for female founders prepares them for self-employment. The nationwide event calendar of the bga provides information on further training offers such as seminars, workshops, trade fairs, stock exchanges, specialist conferences, network meetings and congresses that are relevant for prospective women entrepreneurs. In addition, the bga collects information on regional, national and international competitions for female founders.
Scientific data and specialist information
In its own series of publications, the bga documents scientific data on start-ups by women, provides information on the growth markets of the future, including in particular the creative industries, the senior economy and the health market, as well as the field of innovative, knowledge-based and technology-oriented business start-ups and offers a literature database for Relevant specialist information.
Mentoring and lobbying
With her support of activities such as the funding program “Women at the Top” of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the action program “Power for Women Founders” or the initiative “Ambassadors for Business Startups ”, with mentoring programs such as the bga project “small business mentoring” “And the participation in the ProWomEnplus congress series, the bga contributes to the fact that the special concerns of women are given greater consideration in the area of business start-ups. By setting up a working group and a national day of action on “Business Succession by Women” as well as with a roadshow “Female bosses in the trade”, the bga provides information on fields in which self-employed women are still underrepresented, but at the same time there is a great need for greater involvement of women entrepreneurs in the economy as a whole .
- The Hanover Entrepreneurship Center (UZH) performs the tasks of the bga for the state of Lower Saxony .
- Official homepage of the nationwide start-up agency (bga)
- bga on she-works.de
- PDF download bga from esf.de (European Social Fund for Germany)
- bga on Career-Women.org
- bga on dasgleichstellungswissen.de
- Info sheet of the bga: Business succession by women in Germany - data and facts III ( Memento of the original of August 8, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed May 24, 2014
- Information sheet of the bga: Entrepreneurial independence of women with a migration background , accessed on May 24, 2014
- Information sheet of the bga: Foundations of women aged 45 and over , accessed on June 4, 2014
- BWMI information sheet: Business start-ups by older people , accessed on June 4, 2014
- Information sheet of the bga: Foundations of women in the growth market senior economy p. 3 , accessed on June 4, 2014
- bosses in the trade ( memento of the original from August 8, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed June 4, 2014
- bga media library: E Training , accessed on May 24, 2014
- Documentation of the bga symposium: Women found high-tech! , accessed May 24, 2014
- Information sheet of the bga: Foundations of women in the growth market of biotechnology , accessed on May 24, 2014
- Information sheet of the bga: Foundations of women in the growth market of health and social affairs , accessed on May 24, 2014
- Ambassadors for Business ups , accessed on June 10, 2014
- BMWI press release on small business mentoring , accessed on June 10, 2014
- Online information page on the National Day of Action on “Business Succession by Women” , accessed on June 10, 2014
- Press release of the BMFSFJ , accessed on June 10, 2014
- Cornelia Klaus, Urte Boljahn et al. : Center for women entrepreneurs in Hanover. Anniversary magazine .... , Hanover: UHZ, [2012?], P. 3