Rheindahlen grammar school
|Rheindahlen grammar school|
|type of school||high school|
|place||Mönchengladbach - Rheindahlen|
Planning for a higher school in Rheindahlen began in April 1921, but it was not until August 1968 that the city decided that Rheindahlen was a suitable location for a higher school. A two-class, possibly later three-class school with a modern language and mathematical-scientific branch was to be created. Until the opening on August 25, 1969 with 83 girls and boys, lessons took place at the elementary school in Günhoven , until the building on Geusenstrasse was completed.
With the self-study center, the Rheindahlen grammar school provides a room in which the pupils can do their homework or study. Thanks to modern technology and internet access, presentations can also be created without any problems. In addition, teaching material is available, which can also be borrowed. The self-study center currently provides around 200 media.
The Rheindahlen school and district library comprises around 14,000 media. In addition to books, this also includes data carriers, films and games.
Borussia Sports Boarding School
In the sports part-boarding school, young athletes are supported by Borussia Mönchengladbach . The loss of lessons due to training and competitions is compensated by teachers from the Rheindahlen grammar school by checking homework and reviewing missed school material. The support takes place in the premises of the SparkassenPark Mönchengladbach.
Every year the upper level of the Rheindahlen grammar school welcomes students from Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, France, Tunisia, England, Slovakia, Poland, Portugal and Greece. They work together for a week on a project that is presented at the end. The working languages are German, French and English.
The topics can be found in the fields of art, music, biology, geography and physics. Each participant in International Education will be assigned a different participant from the country of their choice. The students stay with their partner during the project week.
The aim of International Education is to promote foreign languages, provide insights into other cultures and awaken a sense of European community. A total of 17 schools are taking part in this project, with the Rheindahlen grammar school being the only participant from North Rhine-Westphalia.
As part of the project, students from the Rheindahlen grammar school can also visit many different places.
- Every year the Rheindahlen grammar school organizes an open day . This is usually in November.
- The "Höttercup" is an annual indoor soccer tournament in which high school students, alumni and teachers play against each other for the title and try to win the challenge cup.
- Once a year there is a charity hike. Different distances can be covered here. Parents and relatives donate a sum for every kilometer run, which is then used for social purposes.
Well-known high school graduates
- Yunus Mallı (Abitur 2011)
- Hans-Georg Maaßen (Abitur 1982)
- Daniel Esser: Further support for partner school in Ghana - result of the charity hike is certain . Rheindahlen grammar school. December 8, 2014. Accessed September 16, 2018.
- Ralf Jüntermann, Inge Schnettler: Rheindahlener is chief of the secret service . RP Online GmbH. July 17, 2012. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- Rheindahlen grammar school - more than a school . Rheindahlen grammar school. Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- Sports boarding school . Association for the promotion of young sport in Mönchengladbach eV. Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- International Education . International Education. Retrieved September 12, 2012.