Harriet Anne Zuckerman (born July 19, 1937 in New York City ) is an American sociologist .
Zuckerman received his PhD from Columbia University . She later was professor of sociology at Columbia University and headed the department there from 1978 to 1982. In 1991 she retired. Her main area of work was the sociology of science . From 1991 to 2013 she was Senior Vice President of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. In 1985 she was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences . She has been an elected member of the American Philosophical Society since 1996 . From 2006 to 2012 she was Vice President of this company.
She was married to Robert K. Merton .
- H. Zuckerman: Nobel laureates in science: Patterns of productivity, collaboration, and authorship . In: American Sociological Review . tape 32 , no. 3 , 1967, p. 391-403 .
- H. Zuckerman: Stratification in American science . In: Sociological Inquiry . tape 40 , Spring, 1970, pp. 235-257 .
- H. Zuckerman, RK Merton: Age, aging and age structure in science . In: MW Riley, M. Johnson (Eds.): A theory of age stratification (= Aging and Society ). tape III . Russell Sage Foundation, New York 1972, pp. 292-356 .
- Harriet Zuckerman, Jonathan R. Cole: Women in American science . In: Minerva . tape 13 , no. 1 , 1975, p. 82-102 .
- H. Zuckerman: Scientific elite: Nobel laureates in the United States . Free Press, New York 1977.
- H. Zuckerman, JR Cole, JT Bruer (Eds.): The outer circle: Women in the scientific community . WW Norton, New York 1991.
- H. Zuckerman: The careers of Nobel Prize winners . In: PH Hofschneider, KU Mayer (Hrsg.): Generational dynamics and innovation in basic research . tape 3 . Max Planck Society, 1990, ISSN 0341-7778 , p. 45-65 .
- ↑ Book of Members 1780 – present, Chapter Z. (PDF; 117 kB) In: American Academy of Arts and Sciences (amacad.org). Retrieved March 6, 2018 .
- ^ Member History: Harriet Zuckerman. American Philosophical Society, accessed March 6, 2018 (with a short biography).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Zuckerman, Harriet Anne (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 19, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New York City|