Helmut Kukacka (born April 1, 1946 in Steyregg , Upper Austria ) is an Austrian politician , he was State Secretary ( ÖVP ) in the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology in the Federal Government Schüssel II until January 2007 .
After studying social economy at the Johannes Kepler University Linz , which he graduated in 1972, he became active in the ÖVP . For this he was as regional party secretary of the ÖVP Upper Austria , member of the Upper Austrian regional government (environmental protection, regional planning, regional planning and construction), member of the ORF board of trustees , member of the Federal Council , general secretary of the ÖVP from 1987 to 1990, traffic spokesman for the ÖVP Active from 1990 to 2002 and as a member of the National Council from 1990 to 2003. Kukacka was State Secretary from 2003 until the new government was formed in early January 2007. As State Secretary in the BMVIT, he acted against regional rail traffic and blocked the planned Linz S-Bahn. Josef Broukal criticized Kukacka as an ÖBB “hater”, criticism also came from the union.
From October 2006 to October 2008 he was again a member of the Austrian National Council for the Linz constituency, and has been retired since then.
As a student he joined the K.Ö.St.V. Traungau to Wels in the MKV. He is also a member of the K.Ö.St.V. Rugia Ried and the K.Ö.St.V. Amelungia Linz. 1974/75 Kukacka was elected local president of the ÖCV, in June 2009 he was elected cartel chairman of the Mittelschüler-Kartell-Verband (MKV) and in November 2012 as president of the Working Group of Catholic Associations (AKV) . Kukacka is active in the area of the Upper Austrian Association in Vienna and is a member of an association in the area of the 13th Panzer Battalion of the Austrian Armed Forces.
- 1999: Great Gold Medal for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2007: Great Decoration of Honor from the Province of Upper Austria
- 2007: Large silver medal on ribbon for services to the Republic of Austria
- Biography of Helmut Kukacka on the server of the federal state of Upper Austria .
- Helmut Kukacka on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Kukacka: There will be no new branch lines , Der Standard, January 20, 2006
- Kukacka: The City S -Bahn project currently leaves too many questions unanswered! , BMVIT press release, August 12, 2004
- Haberzettl: Kukacka is unsustainable as State Secretary , VIDA press release, August 21, 2008
- What happened to Schüssel's ministers , Die Presse, July 10, 2010
- Website ( Memento of the original from January 21, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Website ( Memento of the original from April 11, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian politician (ÖVP) and state secretary, member of the state parliament, member of the National Council, member of the Federal Council|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 1, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Steyregg , Upper Austria|