Hilmar Klinkott studied Ancient History, Classical Archeology and Latin at the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg from 1990 to 1997 . The master’s thesis followed with Fritz Gschnitzer on the satrapies in the Alexander and Diadoch period . Since 2000 Klinkott took part in field research in Lycia . At the University of Tübingen , Klinkott received his doctorate from Frank Kolb in 2002 with the thesis The Achaemenid Satraps with their Tasks and Competencies - A Definition of Office ; Josef Wiesehöfer acted as secondary supervisor . In 2009 he completed his habilitation in Tübingen with a thesis on the subject of between power and mass madness. On the political significance of the acclamation system in the west of the Roman Empire from the 3rd century BC Chr. To 96 AD. In 2013 he completed his habilitation in Heidelberg with the same thesis. His habilitation thesis remained unpublished.
Klinkott was initially an academic advisor at the University of Tübingen and taught in the winter semester 2009/2010 and summer semester 2010 as a substitute professor for Christoph Schäfer at the University of Hamburg . Since the summer semester of 2012, he has been a research assistant at the University of Heidelberg, and since his post-doctoral qualification in April 2013 , he has been a member of the Philosophical Faculty. In 2016 Klinkott took a professorship at the University of Kiel on a W2 to Professorship of Ancient History; He has been teaching there since October 2016. His main focus is on Achaemenid and Hellenistic history.
- with Sabine Kubisch: Cleopatra - politician, goddess, visionary. Theiss Verlag, Stuttgart 2011, ISBN 3-806223-77-7 .
- The satrap. An Achaemenid office bearer and his room for maneuver (= Oikumene. Studies on ancient world history. Vol. 1). Verlag Antike, Frankfurt am Main 2005, ISBN 3-8062-2377-7 (also: Tübingen, University, dissertation, 2002).
- The satrapia registers of the Alexander and Diadoch times (= Historia. Vol. 145). Steiner, Stuttgart 2000, ISBN 3-515-07701-4 .
- with Sabine Kubisch, Renate Müller-Wollermann: Gifts and taxes, customs duties and tributes. Ancient forms of taxes in claim and reality (= Culture and history of the ancient Near East, Vol. 29). Brill, Leiden et al. 2007, ISBN 978-90-04-16065-1 .
- Anatolia in the light of cultural interactions. Acculturation phenomena in Asia Minor and its neighboring regions during the 2nd and 1st millennium BC Chr. Attempto, Tübingen 2001, ISBN 3-89308-333-2 .
- with Norbert Kramer: Between Assur and Athens: Ancient Oriental in the Histories of Herodotus (= Scopes of Antiquity. Vol. 4). Steiner, Stuttgart 2017, ISBN 978-35-15-11743-2 . See the review by Dominik Berrens in BMCR 07.31.2018 online .
- Literature by Hilmar Klinkott in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Klinkott at the University of Kiel
- See the discussions by Marek Olbrycht in: sehepunkte 7 (2007), No. 5 [15. May 2007], online ; Christopher Tuplin in: H-Soz-Kult , April 17, 2006 ( online )
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th January 1971|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|