Horst Zimmermann (finance scientist)
Horst Zimmermann completed his studies with a degree in business administration . In 1963 he received his doctorate as Dr. rer. pole. After completing his habilitation in Cologne in 1968, he was full professor for public finance at the Philipps University of Marburg from 1969 .
His academic work focuses on federalism, municipal finances, capital city comparisons and the conflict between regional balance and macroeconomic growth.
Since 1974 he has been a member of the Academy for Spatial Research and Regional Planning Hanover. Since 1986 he has been a member of the Scientific Advisory Board at the Federal Ministry of Finance .
- 1974: August Lösch Prize
- 1993: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2002: Honorary doctorate from Toyo University in Tokyo
- 2004: Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2009: Certificate of thanks from Ukraine
- Finance. An introduction to the teaching of public finance (with K.-D. Henke and M. Broer), 11th edition, Munich 2012
- Municipal Finances , 2nd edition, Berlin 2009
- The deep roots of the government debt crisis , in: Journal of Financial Perspectives, Vol. 3, will be published in March 2015
- Horst Zimmermann , on the website of the Philipps University of Marburg
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Zimmermann, Horst Wilhelm (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German finance scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 11, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Krefeld|