Institute for Waldorf Education
|Institute for Waldorf Education|
|Sponsorship||Witten / Annen Institute for Waldorf Education eV|
The Witten / Annen Institute for Waldorf Education is a training facility for teachers at Waldorf schools in Witten - Annen, founded in 1973 . Johannes Kiersch summarized the guiding principles of Witten teacher training in 1978 in his book Free Teacher Training .
The study regulations introduced in 1994 laid the basis for recognition as an “institution for teacher training in the tertiary sector”, as last confirmed in May 2009 by the Ministry for Schools and Further Education of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia .
The following courses are offered:
- Class teacher at Waldorf schools (grades 1 to 8) with additional qualifications in at least one subject
- Music teacher in grades 1 to 12 at Waldorf schools
- Qualification as class and subject teacher at Waldorf schools - postgraduate (AZWV)
General areas of the dual education course
Training location institute
- scientific work
- Reflection on the practical phases of the studies at school
- Self-training through artistic practice in the fields of fine arts , music , language / drama , eurythmy
- learning through practical work in building and garden maintenance and in the self-administered study grant fund
Training location school
- Annual practical phases in teaching and in the school environment accompanied by lecturers from the institute and mentors at schools
Graduation and further education
After graduating with a diploma , the institute offers support during the introductory phase in cooperation with Waldorf schools . Further training offers complement the concept of lifelong learning .
These books were written by employees of the Institute for Waldorf Education and show basic questions of free teacher training, as they have essentially resulted from the practice of teacher training at the institute.
- Johannes Kiersch: Free teacher training. Free Spiritual Life Publishing House, Stuttgart 1978, ISBN 3-7725-0291-1 .
- Johannes Kiersch, Fritz Bohnsack (ed.): Alternative concepts for teacher training. Verlag Julius Klinkhardt, Bad Heilbrunn 2001, ISBN 3-7815-1139-1 .
- Johannes Kiersch: Arguments for the Waldorf School. Flensburger-Hefte-Verlag, Flensburg 2004, ISBN 3-926841-33-8 .
- Michael Kalwa: encounter with music . Free Spiritual Life Publishing House, Stuttgart 1997, ISBN 3-7725-0277-6 .
- Michael Kalwa: Be a mentor. A guide . DRUCKtuell, Gerlingen 2004, ISBN 3-927286-38-9 .
- Non-anthroposophical literature on the role of the Waldorf teacher
- Franz J. Krämer, Georg Scherer, Franz-Josef Wehnes: Anthroposophy and Waldorf Education. Information / criticism. Plöger, Annweiler 1987, ISBN 3-924574-09-X .
- Werner Helsper et al. a .: authority and school. The empirical reconstruction of the class teacher-student relationship in Waldorf schools. From the series: Studies on school and educational research, Vol. 27. VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften , Wiesbaden 2007, ISBN 978-3-531-15359-9 .