After attending school, graduating from high school and dropping out of chemistry studies, Jankofsky received training and work as a professional musician. This was followed by distance learning at the Leipzig Literature Institute and collaboration in the Halle / Saale Literature Center. Then he worked as a freelance artist. From 1990 to 1993 he was the town clerk in Merseburg. From 1994 to 1999 Jankofsky worked at the Künstlerhaus 188 in Halle . Since 2000 he has been managing director of the Friedrich-Bödecker-Kreis in Saxony-Anhalt and since 2005 publisher of the magazine oda - Ort der Augen . Sheets for literature from Saxony-Anhalt .
Jankofsky has been Deputy Federal Chairman of the Friedrich Bödecker Districts since 2006 .
Jürgen Jankofsky is married and lives in Leuna .
- A Monday in October (youth book) Berlin 1985. As an e-book 2011, EditionDigital, ISBN 978-3-86394-116-1
- Bastian und der Familienausflugsdampfer (children's book), Berlin 1990. As an e-book 2011, EditionDigital, ISBN 978-3-86394-117-8
- Querni and the ninelings (children's book), Halle 1994
- Rabenzauber (children's book), Halle 1994
- Münchhausen's Mansfeld Journey (children's book), Halle 1996
- Gray heron time (novel), Berlin 1996
- About the spelling of my name (stories), Halle 1997
- Anyone who reads this is stupid (children's book), Projekt-Verlag, Halle 2002, ISBN 3-931950-55-7
- The Walter Bauer game (children's book), Halle 2004
- Silent Night - Advent scents and Christmas onions (children's book), Halle 2005. ISBN 3-86634-037-0
- Secret (short stories), Halle 2008. ISBN 978-3-89812-570-3
- Anna and Achmed. A German-Tunisian children's book (with Slaheddine Lahmadi), Burg 2008. ISBN 978-3-937973-59-3
- Anna and poor. A German-Armenian children's book (with Levon Ananyan), Erfurt 2011. ISBN 978-3-942401-32-6
- Journey around the earth in 226 texts , Halle 2011.
- Merseburg. 1200 years in 62 portraits & stories , Halle 2013.
- A journey through the Saalekreis. 134 locations from Angersdorf to Zweimen , Halle 2013.
- From Veldeke to Face- and E-Book: Author encounters in Saxony-Anhalt 2017 . Mitteldeutscher Verlag, Halle (Saale) 2018. ISBN 978-3-96311-010-8 .
- Schpergsche Lichtmeß - a men's festival , DEFA 1988 (with Karlheinz Mund )
- If only I had stayed a bachelor , IWF Göttingen 1997 (with Edmund Ballhaus )
- Münchhausen's Mansfeld Adventure , Potsdam 1999 (with Rolf Losansky )
- 1990–1993: Town clerk of Merseburg
- 1996: Walter Bauer Prize
- 1998: Fellowship to do research in Canada
- 2012: Honorary Certificate from the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Armenia
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 19, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Merseburg|