The term cabin (like the French cabine from the old French cabane = hut) describes an enclosed space for (temporary) stay of people.
The use is unsystematic and there are special cabins
- in transport
- Accommodation space for passengers in the aircraft or spaceship, see pressurized cabin
- Rooms in ships ( cabin ) or airships
- so-called cabin scooters from the 1950s
- In the case of cars, one also speaks of the passenger cell , in the case of trucks, the driver's cab . The safety passenger cell is a special form.
- the term compartment is used for railways
- as a transport case
- as dedicated small spaces like
Wiktionary: Cabin - explanations of meanings, word origins, synonyms, translations