Karl Reber (archaeologist)
Karl Reber (born January 29, 1955 in Solothurn ) is a Swiss classical archaeologist .
Karl Reber completed his school days at the Humanist Gymnasium Basel and studied from 1975 to 1981 Classical Archeology, Near Eastern Archeology and Prehistory and Protohistory at the University of Basel and the University of Freiburg i. Br. After studying at the University of Munich , he completed his doctoral thesis in 1986 on the subject of investigations into handmade ceramics in Greece in the Sub-Mycenaean, protogeometric and geometric periods at the University of Basel. From 1984 to 1985 he was Ernst Berger's assistant at the Antikenmuseum Basel , and from 1985 to 1992 scientific secretary at the Swiss Archaeological School in Greece . From 1992 to 1996 he worked as an assistant at the University of Basel, where he completed his habilitation in 1995 with the work The Classical and Hellenistic Houses in the West Quarter of Eretria .
In 1996 he was appointed assistant professor and in 2001 he was appointed adjunct professor. During various professorships, he taught at the universities of Zurich , Bern and Neuchâtel . In 2005 he was appointed full professor of Classical Archeology at the University of Lausanne . Since 2007 he has also been director of the Swiss Archaeological School in Greece, leading the excavations in Eretria ( Euboea , Greece ). Reber is a board member of the Association of Friends of Ancient Art , the Cultural Association of the Friends of Greece Basel, honorary member of the Society for Euboean Studies ( Etaireia Euboikon Spoudon ) and a corresponding member of the Austrian Archaeological Institute .
- Studies of handmade ceramics in Greece in the sub-Mycenaean, protogeometric and geometric periods (Paul Aström Verlag, Jonsered 1991) ISBN 91-7081-044-3
- with Pierre Ducrey , Ingrid R. Metzger: Le Quartier de la Maison aux mosaïques, Eretria. Fouilles et recherches VIII (Payot, Lausanne 1993), ISBN 2-601-03119-0
- The classical and Hellenistic houses in the west quarter , Eretria, excavations and research X (Payot, Lausanne 1998) ISBN 2-601-03214-6
dug up! Swiss archaeologists are exploring the Greek city of Eretria . Catalog of the exhibition in the Antikenmuseum Basel and the Ludwig Collection from September 22, 2010 - January 30, 2011. Edited together with Chantal Martin Pruvot and Thierry Theurillat (Schwabe, Basel 2010) ISBN 978-3-7965-2670-1
- French edition: Cité sous terre. Des archéologues suisses explorent la cité grecque d'Erétrie (Infolio, Gollion 2010) ISBN 978-2-88474-403-4
- Jardins antiques. Grèce - Gaule - Rome . Edited with Florence Bertholet. Regards sur l'antiquité 2 (Infolio, Gollion 2010) ISBN 978-2-88474-168-2
- ↑ The classical and Hellenistic houses in the western quarter of Eretria ( Memento of the original of June 8, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss classical archaeologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 29, 1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Solothurn|